AX Paris A/W Press Day | Cupcakes, Cocktails & Clothes!



As I mentioned in this post, I recently joined AX Paris as Digital PR & Marketing Executive and part of my job role is to work alongside bloggers and arrange fun events! I joined the company at a pretty crazy time as we've just finished filming the new TV advert which I was lucky enough to assist on and this weekend we hosted a blogger press day to showcase our new A/W collection! I have to say, I was pretty nervous about the event - not only because it was the first at my new job and I wanted to impress but because as well as working for the company, I'm also a blogger so I knew I was going to meet lots of fellow bloggers online who I've been chatting to for a while. As much as I was excited about this, its also really nerve wracking and I'm the kind of person that always thinks of the worst case scenario (I know - bad habit) so all that kept running through my mind was 'they won't like me' or 'I'll make a fool of myself!'. 

Luckily, those things didn't happen (or so I hope) and I thoroughly enjoyed both representing the brand and mingling with fellow bloggers at the event. It was so nice to finally put a face to lots of people I've been chatting to online for a long time and get the chance to chat to them in person! It was quite surreal meeting people who already knew lots about me and who I knew lots about but it was fun at the same time! So, ramble over.. let me tell you what we got up to at the event.



The first thing I have to mention is the venue which as I said was the Black Dog Ballroom in Manchester. It was the perfect backdrop for the event as it wasn't too big but not too small, had cool features like exposed brick walls, colourful quirky wallpaper, cute flowers and hanging light bulbs from the ceiling! There was even a cute little terrace!

I also have to mention the cupcakes and cocktails because lets face it, what blogger event would be complete without some delicious food and drink! We placed a selection of vanilla and chocolate cupcakes, decorated with rather cool AX Paris photo frames on tables around the venue and they were sooo delicious, as were the vodka and gin cocktails. They seemed to go down a treat with all of our guests too - yum!

There was also a photo booth and henna tattooist at the event - both of which were a big hit and had huge queues every time I looked over! I didn't get any henna done myself as I was so busy running around but I did see lots of other peoples and they all looked amazing! 

The main focus of the day was of course on the new AX Paris A/W collection and I was so pleased to see how much everyone liked it! We arranged everything into categories and had the different collections on rails dotted around the room. They looked so eye-catching, if I do say so myself! The new range is is all about the glitz and glamour and will be sure to get you prepared for the upcoming party season - there's lots of sequins and sparkles! From metallic fabrics to faux fur, Autumnal shades and floral prints as well as our new Boutique range, there’s definitely something to suit everyone’s taste!

Blogger favourite of the day has to be the faux fur coat photographed below - I heard so many people expressing their love for it and I can see why - its the perfect coat for keeping cosy in the cold winter months! My personal favorurite collection of the day was the nude, black and gold range - I love everything in it and can't wait to get my hands on some of the pieces for upcoming nights out. I'm already planning on wearing this dress when my friends come to visit this weekend - it's stunning and looks so much more expensive than it is!

I also want to link to some of the bloggers who I got chance to meet and have a chat to on the day as they were all so lovely! Make sure you go and check out their fab blogs!

Ashleigh, LatashaVictoriaMolly, Rachel, Francessca, LauraZoe, Abi, HannahSindy, Laura, & Georgie - you girls were such babes and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to finally meet you all in person! Hopefully we can catch up again soon! <3


To finish the day on a high note, each of the lovely bloggers who attended were sent home with a goodie bag jam packed with various beauty products! I actually helped put the bags together before the event and I was really impressed to see how much was in them. There was products from Zoeva, Collection, Lee Stafford, The Vintage Cosmetics Company, Me Me Me, Barry M and Batiste just to name a few! 

Overall I had a fantastic day - it was so nice to finally meet lots of fellow bloggers and to get to know my new work colleagues better. There we all are above - awww! 


If you were there, I hope you had a fantastic day and liked the new A/W collection! If not, what do you think of the new range?

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment