MUA Neutral Smokey Eye

The MUA Heaven & Earth Palette has been massively hyped by Beauty Bloggers and often compared to the famous Urban Decay NAKED palette. If you haven't heard of MUA before, which stands for Makeup Academy, it is a cosmetics brand that only Superdrug stocks. They sell a huge range of products for only £1 including lipsticks, lipgloss and eyeshadows.


Anyway, after reading a load of reviews about this naked palette dupe I just had to try it for myself to see what all the fuss was about. I got this palette around a week ago now and it certainly hasn't disappointed me. I have used it almost every day for the past week. The palette only costs £4.00 from Superdrug and it comes with 12 neutral shades. I can definitely see why it has been compared to the naked palette. When I first swatched the eyeshadows on my finger, I couldn't believe how pigmented they were. If anything, the colour pay-off is better than naked palette. For the price, I certainly wasn't complaining at the quality of these shadows.



I want to share a look I have been wearing regularly using this palette. All of the colours are perfect for creating a neutral smokey eye. I love neutral shades as they can be used in the daytime or made more dramatic for a evening look. The look was really simple to do and the colour pay-off was great. I used a MAC 239 brush to apply the shadows.


Products used -

MUA Shadows - As they are not named I will tell you were they are positioned in the palette. I used the Top left shade for the inner corner of my eye, the light brown on the bottom row, second from the left all over my lid and the dark brown on the top row, second from the right. (Sorry this is such a mind-boggler, I didn't know how to show the colours I used!)
MAC Eye Pencil in Smolder
Collection 2000 Extreme 24-Hour Felt-Tip Liner
Blink & Go Mascara


As you can see, the colours are really vivid with a high metallic finish. I am really impressed with this palette. I would definitely say it is a great alternative to the naked palette if your looking for something more affordable. £4 for 12 eyeshadows really is a bargain and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good selection of neutral shades.

Has anyone else tried any of the MUA makeup range?

Lots of Love,

Kayleigh..

xXx.

No comments:

Post a Comment