Maybelline Colorama Nail Polishes | Urban Coral & Party Blue

Party Blue/Urban Coral

Hey beauties! So following on from my most recent post about my love of 'mini' things, I thought I would show you these super cute mini nail polishes I picked up recently. These caught my eye every time I have been out shopping so in the end I just had to have them. To be honest, I probably only wanted them because they are mini (weirdo) but I am very glad I decided to give them a try. Apart from being super cute minis, these nail polishes come in a lovely array of colours and are very well priced. They cost me $5.00 here in Oz which works out at around £3.00 each. I picked up the shades 'Urban Coral' and 'Party Blue' as I thought they were perfect summer colours. There was also a deep turquoise green I wanted but that will have to wait for another time. In the photos above I have applied two coats of each colour to my step-mums nails and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat on top. I had to use my step-mums nails for the swatches as mine are so awful at the minute without acrylics. Some of us just aren't blessed with nice natural nails unfortunately. Boo. Anyway, when applying these nail polishes the colours are very opaque and with only one coat the colour looks just like it does in the bottle. I did find that 'Party Blue' had a thicker consistency and without two coats it appeared slightly streaky. However, as you can see from the pictures above, with two coats and a top coat, the colour is very opaque and there isn't a streak in sight. As for 'Urban Coral', this colour applied like a dream. Again it is very opaque with only one coat but unlike 'Party Blue', the consistency of the polish was slightly wetter and applied to the nail effortlessly. I'm not quite sure why the consistency of these polishes are different but the overall effect was the same regardless. The only thing I would say is that Urban Coral is slightly shinier than Party Blue but I guess thats to be expected when using pale, pastel colours. I personally prefer Party Blue as I am very into pastel nails at the moment although I do think Urban Coral is a beautiful colour and would look amazing on toes. As well as having a great colour pay off and formula, these minis are perfect for travelling. If any of you are jetting off on holiday, these would be the perfect size to pop in your suitcase. Plus, I don't know if its just me but I never seem to finish a whole nail polish before it goes gloopy and horrible? At least with something this size you know you will get full use out of it. Now moving on to the bad part, I have searched high and low on the tinterweb for these and can't seem to find anywhere in the UK that sells them. Surely with Maybelline being a worldwide brand they are available to buy in the UK? I would expect that these can be found in places such as Superdrug and Boots. If any of you have seen them around, please do let me know as if they aren't available in the UK I might feature a couple in my next giveaway.

I'm sorry I can't be more useful and provide you with a link to buy these polishes but I am pretty sure the UK will sell them. As I said, do let me know if you spot them when you are next in Boots or Superdrug. I hope they do sell them as they are great nail polishes and definitely worth a try!

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment