Xen-Tan Mousse Intense

Me straight after application of the Xen-Tan

Hey Lovelies! I have been meaning to review this tan for a while now but I have had the most difficult time ever taking pictures of this stuff. The brown box this tan comes in has a weird fuzzy print on it that makes it look blurry in almost every picture. The gold lighting on the main bottle also kept reflecting the light so no matter how many times I tried, the pictures looked poop. Anyway, apologies for the rubbish pictures but I have worked with the best I had.
I recently picked up the Xen-Tan Mousse Intense weekly tanner as I had heard so many great things about it on blogs and in magazines. Like most girls, I love to have a bronzed look and false tan is one of those miracle products that can help all us pale Janes to achieve it. Don't get me wrong, I love to embrace my fair skin but when I'm going out somewhere nice, I like to have a touch of colour. I ordered this from Feel Unique here and couldn't wait for it to arrive. In true beauty blogger style, as soon as I got my hands on it, I slapped it on and got my camera out for some before and after shots. Now I don't really have a strict routine with tanning, if anything I am very lazy and will rarely exfoliate/moisturise before applying it. I realise all of you tanaholics out there will be tutting at me right now but I can't be bothered faffing around with extra steps when I don't see a difference. So with that being said, I had my usual night time shower, dried myself and then lathered this on with a tanning mitt. 
The first things I noticed about this product was the scent and the colour. It has a lovely vanilla scent unlike most tans that have a scent often compared to biscuits. Also, unlike my usual favourite tan St.Moritz, I noticed the mousse had a strong green undertone compared to the usual orange undertone found in fake tans (see photos above). Although slightly alarmed I was going to end up looking ill, I carried on regardless and applied it from head to toe. The application was very easy and the mousse glided onto my skin with ease. In my opinion, I much prefer mousse tan as it is easier to work with and makes the whole tanning process a lot quicker. However, if you don't favour a mousse tan, Xen-Tan also offers a lotion version. 
After leaving the tan to sink into my skin for around five minutes, I was pleased to see that the green was gone and I was left with a natural bronzed look. I would say this tan provides a medium tan which I like as the colour can be enhanced by adding another layer. It is classed as an 'instant' tan as it applies colour directly to the skin. I personally love this as you can see where you are applying it meaning you are left with an even, streak-free colour. However, I would say that the colour develops and gets darker over a few hours. It says on the back of the bottle to leave it for three hours before showering but I always apply tan before I go to bed then wash it off the next day. The pictures I have included above are straight after application but I did find it was darker when I woke up the next morning.
This tan claims to be a weekly tanner meaning it will last a week before it needs re-applying. I personally don't agree with this and would say it lasted around 4 days on me. I was still happy with this length of time though and everyone is different so it may last longer on you. I didn't experience any flaking or patchiness when it was fading though, which I was very pleased about. There is nothing worse than seeing girls with snake-skin scaly tan. Yack.
Overall, I love this tan and it is one of my new favourites. In the photo above, I had just finished applying the tan and had zero makeup on and wet hair. For me to feel confident enough to take a bare faced photo is a big thing so it goes to show how much confidence this tan gave me. The only bad thing I can say about it is the price. I'm afraid this is a pricey one at £18.00 for 118ml. Ouch. I guess you get what you pay for though and in my opinion, a natural looking olive tan is certainly worth the money.


Have you ever tried Xen-Tan? What do you think? I'd be interested to see how the lotion compares.

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment