Loreal Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen


Hey Lovelies! I hope you are all well! I recently picked up this 'Highlighting Pen' from Loreal whilst out shopping and wanted to share my thoughts on it. I decided to buy this after reading a few blog posts raving about the new 'Lumi Magique' range from Loreal. I liked the sound of all the products as anything that claims to add a radiant glow to my skin usually sucks me in. I decided I would try out the highlighting pen over the foundation and primer as I have been on the hunt for a concealer that will make me look more awake in the morning for ages. Another thing that caught my eye was the absolutely beautiful packaging of this product. This concealer comes in a rose gold 'pen' with a brush attached on the end. For starters, anything rose gold is a winner for me. It is just such a beautiful colour and who wouldn't want something this pretty in their makeup collection? I'm sure lots of people have made this comparison before, but the packaging really reminds me of the YSL Touche Eclat. As well as the packaging, the product itself claims to do exactly the same as the YSL classic. On the Loreal website they claim this product brightens the under eye area, covers dark circles, fine lines and signs of fatigue. I would have to agree with this as I have been popping this under my eyes in a morning and I find this makes me look awake and refreshed even though I feel like a walking zombie (I'm not a morning person in the slightest). I don't know about you but I find my eyes look so 'meh' in the morning and they just need that extra bit of work when it comes to makeup. Thankfully, products like this can help me in my quest to look bright eyed and bushy tailed at the crack of dawn. This product comes in 3 shades including Light, Medium and Deep so I went for Light as I always think concealers work better when they are lighter than my natural skin tone. Now I realise I keep calling this a concealer but one thing I will say is that this isn't going to cover blemishes. I know a lot of people buy concealers to cover problem areas but with this particular product, it works best under the eyes. As it states on the packaging, this is a 'highlighting pen' meaning its main purpose it to brighten, not conceal. It isn't a matte concealer, it has more of a dewy (not shimmery) finish that creates the brightening effect. For me personally, I would like a touch more coverage and then it would be the perfect under eye concealer. The texture is very creamy and blendable too, meaning it applies with ease and doesn't cake under the eyes. It is also very easy to use as all you do is twist the end of the pen and the product is dispersed onto the brush. I usually apply it under my eyes with the brush then blend it out with my fingers or my Real Techniques Precision Brush which is great for concealer. In terms of wearing time, I have not really noticed this moving or turning oily throughout the day so once set with a powder, I am good to go for the whole day. Overall, I do like this product and I'm glad I bought it but it isn't groundbreaking. I'm not convinced its my holy grail concealer but like I said, it doesn't claim to be a concealer anyway. I will definitely continue to use this to brighten up my eyes in a morning but I'm unsure if I would repurchase based on the fact it doesn't really do enough to justify its 8.49 price tag. However, if you are looking for something to brighten up your eyes and add a touch of coverage, this is the product for you. Also, if you are considering the YSL Touche Eclat, I would recommend giving this one a shot first as it is a very similar product and almost 3x cheaper. This product is currently available on a 2 for 3 offer at Superdrug here and it can also be found in Boots and Feel Unique.

Have you tried anything from the Loreal Lumi Magique range? Do you have any recommendations for an under eye concealer?

Also, don't forget to join in with my 'Blogging Love' tag here. Thanks to anyone who has taken part so far, I have really enjoyed reading all of your answers.

Lots of Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment