My 22nd Birthday Part 1 | Outfits and Instagram

Hey Lovelies. Firstly, I would like to apologise for my lack of posting over the past few days. I have been super busy all week and haven't had chance to just sit down and blog. Anyway, I have lots to share with you all as it was my 22nd birthday on Friday. Goodness I feel old. It only seems five minutes ago I turned 18. Oh how time flys? I had a fabulous birthday, got spoilt rotten and spent time with my family in Australia. It was absolutely lovely to spend my birthday with them as I've never been in Australia for my birthday before. They made my day very special and I can't thank them enough. Anyway, as I have lots to show and tell you, I have decided to split my birthday posts into two parts. First I am going to show you my birthday outfits, hair and makeup and then tomorrow I will post a birthday haul. As I said, I spent the day with family on Friday, we had thai takeaway and drinks in the evening and they had even got me a MAC lipstick birthday cake. (I will post about this tomorrow). I had a lovely relaxing night and then I went out last night with a few people from work. We just went to a local pub and then onto a nightclub and we had a fab night. The DJs in there now know me as the English girl who loves One Direction far too much. *cringe* They still played some 1D for me though which resulted in me dancing around like a giddy teenager. Yes, I have a thing for Louis from One Direction. Feel free to judge me. Anyway, enough of my blabbering, I will show you what I wore and what not. I had quite the dilemma choosing an outfit last night. If you follow me on Twitter, you will know what I'm talking about.

Fridays Outfit/Makeup - So this is what I wore on the actual day of my birthday. We weren't really going anywhere so I decided to keep it pretty casual. I still made an effort with my makeup though as who doesn't want to look nice on their birthday? I got this lovely peter pan collar top from my mum as a present and I absolutely love it. I paired it with some basic cream chinos and a black belt. I also wore my new NARS eyeshadow and Topshop Infared lipstick. (Reviews to come soon).

Top - Matalan
Chinos - River Island
Belt - H&M
Sunglasses - H&M
Ring/Bracelet - Matalan
Blazer - H&M

Saturdays Outfit - So this is what I wore last night to go out in. My Dad and Step Mum brought me this gorgeous dip hemmed dress back from Hong Kong in May and I have been saving it for a special occasion. I absolutely love the dress but I thought it was just a little bit too dressy for the place I was going. I ended up wearing this to the pub and then going home to get changed.

Dress - H&M
Belt - Missguided
Shoes - Kurt Geiger
Bag - Matalan
Ring - Primark


Saturdays Final Outfit -  After lots of deliberating I finally decided to wear this cute little floral playsuit last night. I have worn it before and it is the comfiest and easiest thing to wear. I literally just shoved it on and bobs your uncle, fannys your aunt. i decided to change form the blue dress as the town in Australia where my dad lives is quite small and known for being casual. I realise this still looks dressy but I just felt more comfortable in this than a fancy dress. If any of you follow me on Twitter, you will have already seen these pictures so I do apologise. These pictures are a selection I've recently uploaded to Instagram. I got an iPhone for my birthday and was so excited to get Instagram that I haven't been off it since. It is amazing and I urge any of you with an iphone to sign up. If you would like to follow me my username is kayleighjcouture. 


Playsuit - River Island - Link
Belt - Missguided


So there we have it, a quick summary of the things I wore this weekend. I hope you enjoyed this post and it wasn't too much of a ramble. I will be posting my haul tomorrow to show you all my birthday goodies and then I will be reviewing some of the products I got this week. I hope you are all well and have had a fantastic weekend.


Lots of Love,









No comments:

Post a Comment