Revlon NOTD | Classy Sparkles

Revlon Nail Polishes - Classy & Sparkling

Hey Ladies! I spotted these two nail polishes whilst out shopping recently and thought they were such pretty neutrals that I just had to buy them. Now I'm not the most adventurous person when it comes to nails, I usually stick with bog standard plain polishes and haven't the foggiest how to do nail art. I really wish I could do that pretty Kath Kidston floral look on my mitts but unless I go to a professional, it's just not going to happen. With that being said, something like a glitter polish is my best friend in the nail department as they instantly spruce up a basic polish. The fact I'm partial to a bit of glitter from time to time meant I just couldn't resist this bottle of gorgeous pink glitteryness. As glitter can be quite in your face, I like to keep it fairly subtle hence the neutral colours and as soon as I bought these my plan was to paint my nails with 'classy' the pale peachy pink shade and layer 'sparkling' the glitter over the top to add a more interesting twist. 

To be honest, Revlon is never a brand I would normally look at for nail polishes but since being in Australia I have got more and more into them as they seem to be a lot more popular out here than they are in the UK. I am glad I have found a new love for them though as the packaging and product itself is absolutely lovely. I think the packaging makes the product look more expensive than it actually is with the sleek black lids and gold revlon branding. They are also fairly large bottles with 14ml of product inside so you get a good amount of product for your money.

The formula of these polishes is lovely, I'd describe them as being quite 'wet' but I like that in a nail polish. Theres nothing worse than trying to apply a polish that is really thick and gloopy. I did need to do two coats to achieve an opaque finish but I find this is pretty standard with most nail polishes and didn't mind at all. As you can see from the photos above, the finished result turned out cute and glittery yet still subtle at the same time. I love the pale peach shade and I think it would look even better if I was a bit more tanned. I also like how the glitter has bigger chunks which catch the light nicely. I only applied one coat of the glitter but it could be built up with a few more coats. I also think this combination would look perfect on toe nails.

As I said, I bought these in Australia but they are widely available the high street and online and retail for £6.49. Both of these shades are available on the Boots website here.


I hope you enjoyed this post as nail posts aren't something I do very often. As I said, I'm a bit poop with nails but I would highly recommend giving the Revlon range a try.

Have you ever tried any Revlon nail polishes?

Lots of Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment