Illamasqua Eurydice Lipstick

Illamasqua 'Eurydice' Lipstick 

Hey Ladies! So I am finally back in England after a humongous journey back from Australia. If you read my last post about leaving the land of Oz you will know I was dreading it and I must say, it was terrible. It was so awful to say bye to my family and not know when I am going to see them again but I guess it just gives me a very good excuse to plan another trip down under. The journey was long, tiring and I am feeling very worse for wear. Jet lag has well and truly kicked in and my sleeping pattern has gone to pot. Bad times. On a plus note though, it has been amazing to see all of my family in the UK again. My little sister physically screamed when she saw me, haha how cute?

I wanted to get straight back into the blogging swing of things as to be quite honest, when I don't blog for a few days, I start to miss it. I thought I would ease my way back in with a product review of this beautiful Illamasqua lipstick in the shade 'Eurydice'. If you read my August Favourites post you will know that this product was featured and as I received lots of comments saying how nice it looked I thought I would do a post showing it in more detail.

I got this lipstick as a birthday present from my mum after eyeing it up on the ASOS website. It is part of the S/S Human Fundamentalism collection and the bright fuchsia shade immediately appealed to me. I also saw it featured on the gorgeous Milly's blog from Pearls and Poodles which of course just made me want it even more. If you want to read her review, you can do so here. (Her swatches are far better than mine if you want a clearer look!) 

This is actually the first Illamasqua lipstick I have ever tried so I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of pigmentation, staying power and formula. So when this arrived in the post for me, I  swatched it on the back of my hand and was amazed by how pigmented and bright the colour is. As I'm a bright lip girl, I instantly fell in love with it. It is a vibrant fuschia with blue undertones which works well for me as I find it suits my skin tone and brightens up my teeth.

I must admit, I was slightly disappointed in the formula upon first swatch as I found it was very dry and dragged across my lips. It has a matte finish and as I tend to go for a glossy lip, this was a bit of a change for me. However, after wearing it for a while I realised that the dry formula had it's benefits as this lipstick lasts for hours and hours on my lips. Once applied, I really don't need to touch this up at all throughout the day. I also figured that although it is dry, applying a lip balm before application will combat this problem. I have also worn this with a gloss over the top which looks amazing if you aren't partial to a matte lip.

Overall I would say this lipstick is amazing based on the colour alone. I have never seen such a vibrant pink lipstick and when I wear this, it instantly brightens up my whole face. I have found myself reaching for it a lot lately and the slightest dab on my lips provides amazing pigmentation. As with all Illamasqua products, this lipstick wasn't cheap and costs a hefty £15.00. However, if you are looking for a unique colour that will stand out and last all day long, this product is for you. I guess it's okay to have a splurge every now and then, isn't it? I got mine from the ASOS website here and they often have sales and offer student discount.

Have you ever tried an Illamasqua lipstick? Do you like this shade?

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment