Monthly Favourites | August



Hey Ladies. I know I say this every time a new month comes around but oh my goodness, is it really September already? It seriously feels like two minutes ago I was writing my July favourites. I hate how time just seems to pass us by each month and I especially hate it at the moment as I leave Australia on Wednesday. I have been here for five months now and I just can't believe how quick the time has gone. I'm trying to cherish every minute I have here as I don't know when I will next get the chance to visit. How depressing. Anyway, enough of me being down in the dumps, here are the products I can't get enough of this month.

Benefit Brow Zings - I bought this product with some birthday money after hearing nothing but rave reviews about it and it has since become my go-to brow product. I really love the little compact and I find the powder/wax combo looks more natural than a standard eye pencil. I will be reviewing this in full when I get the chance to take some before and after brow snaps.

Garnier Fructis Pure Volume Dry Shampoo - A slightly boring product to include in my favourites but great none the less. I bought this recently after feeling like my hair needed washing far too often. I'm a big believer in not washing hair every day so this product has been a life saver for those days where it needs a bit of a boost. It is also great for adding volume and making my roots appear lighter. Again, I will be reviewing this in full soon.

Illamasqua 'Euridyce' Lipstick - This was a birthday present from my mum and I absolutely love it. This is my first Illamasqua lipstick and although the formula is a little drying, the colour is just amazing. It is the most gorgeous vivid pink I have ever seen and the blue undertones help to brighten up my smile.

Awapuhi Wild Ginger Styling Treatment Oil - I got this product a fair few months ago now in a Glossybox but have only started using it properly in the last month. I'd never heard of this particular hair care brand before but this hair oil is really lovely. It smells of ginger which I personally love and it helps to keep my hair soft and shiny. I have been using this in rotation with my Babyliss Argan oil and have loved the results it has given my hair. Also, this small bottle seems to be never ending so I imagine the full size bottle would last a life time.

Caudalie Cleansing Water - I recently reviewed this product in full after really enjoying using it so if you want to know why I love it so much you can have a read here. To put it simply though, this is a fantastic product for removing my makeup quickly, easily and efficiently. Oh and it smells great too which is always a nice bonus. 

Avene Thermal Spring Water - This is my most recent purchase and I love it already. I bought this mini bottle to try after reading great things about it on a few blogs. With all the hype surrounding beauty sprays at the minute I wanted to try one for myself and I'm so glad I opted for Avene. This spray sets my makeup perfectly, adding a nice dewy finish to my skin and it also works as a toner after I have cleansed. I will be reviewing it in more detail soon but overall it is a great product that leaves my skin feeling soothed and fresh.

KORA Recovery Eye Gel Cream - This was another birthday present and I have recently used the entire tube. I had been after an eye cream for quite some time but never knew which one to go for. As I'm in Australia, my Step-Mum decided to get me this one from KORA which is Miranda Kerr's skin care range. I was excited to try it as all of her products use natural ingredients which is great for someone with sensitive skin like me. The first few times I used it I was slightly alarmed by how tight it made my under eye area feel but I soon realised that was a good thing as it dramatically reduced any bags or puffiness a few minutes after application. I would definitely repurchase this product if it wasn't so damn expensive. Boo.

OPI 'Mauving to Manitoba' - I recently reviewed this nail polish here so if you want to see swatches you can go and have a read. I think the swatches speak for themselves when it comes to this product. Beautiful colour, beautiful formula and just generally gorgeous. It has been on my nails for a good two weeks now and I am still admiring the pretty colour every time it catches the light.

Revlon 'Berry Haute' Lipstick - I bought this lipstick at the same time as the OPI nail polish and I'm so glad I did as I have been wearing it none stop lately and it has fast become one of my favourite lipsticks. It is a gorgeous deep pink/purple shade and the formula is just beautiful. It feels so moisturising on my lips and I love how the colour is a little unusual. I recently wrote a post about it here including swatches if you want to see it in more detail.

What are your favourite products this month?

Lots of Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment