Murad Pore Perfection Starter Kit


Hi Ladies! I was recently contacted by Murad and asked if I'd like to try their Pore Perfection starter kit. As I had heard of Murad before and knew it was a high-end luxury brand, I instantly jumped at the chance and said yes. As I'm currently looking for a job there is no way I could afford to buy expensive skin care myself so I was very grateful to be given the opportunity. The kit I was sent includes four products - Energizing Pomegranate Cleanser (50ml), T-Zone Pore Refining Gel (15ml) and Energizing Pomegranate Moisturiser (30ml). They also included a Skin Perfecting Primer (5ml) which I have actually tried before when it was included in a Glossybox.

As these products are designed for people with oily skin, it is the perfect kit for me. My skin isn't super oily but I do find I get an oily t-zone so I was particularly excited to try the 'T-Zone Pore Refining Gel'. When the kit arrived in the post, I was very impressed with how it was presented in this lovely box and each of the products were cute, pink and a generous size. First impressions = excellent!

After using these products for a few weeks I feel I have got a real feel for them and want to give you my thoughts. 

First up is the Energizing Pomegranate Cleanser which is designed to cleanse and tone the skin in one simple step. I have to point out before I continue that the scent of all these products is quite strong but I didn't personally mind that. Just keep that in mind though if you aren't partial to a strong scent. I have been using this cleanser whilst having a shower for the past few weeks now and I must admit, I love it. It is a foam cleanser so when pumped onto my hand the liquid turns into a frothy white foam. I really like the idea of using foam on my face as it is less messy and fussy than a cream or gel. When applying this to my face I rub it around in circular motions and I find that a little goes a very long way. This small bottle is only 50ml but I have been using it for a few weeks now and have only used just over a quater of the bottle. It sinks into my skin perfectly and it almost felt like rubbing silk over my face. The foam feels so smooth and it instantly removed my makeup and left my skin feeling soft and supple. One thing I hate about some cleansers is the tight feeling it can leave on my skin but this did the exact opposite and left it feeling hydrated. I would definitely recommend this product and I am contemplating buying the full-size bottle when I have more money.

Next up is the T-Zone Pore Refining Gel which again, is a fab little product. Much like the cleanser, this product is going to last such a long time. I have been using it in conjunction with the cleanser for three week or four weeks and have barely touched the surface. A little goes a very long way with this product. At first, I was a bit confused as to how I was meant to use this as I have never heard of or used anything similar previously. However, after doing a bit of research I came to realise that this product is supposed to be used down the t-zone where skin is partial to excess oil. The aim of the product is for it to control shine and minimize pores. Now I can't really say I've seen a difference in the size of my pores as I'm quite lucky to not really have any. However, I can definitely say this helps to control shine which is great if you suffer with excess oil like me. I really like this and like I said earlier, it will last such a long time. The only down side is that this has the strongest scent of all three products and is even a bit too strong for my liking.

The final step of the routine is the Energizing Pomegranate Moisturiser. As with the other two products, I really love this. As someone who suffers with an oily t-zone, I always worry about using too much moisturiser as I think it can add extra oil to my skin. However, this moisturiser is so light and sinks into my skin straight away. It also left it feeling hydrated instead of heavy and oily. Again it has the standard scent but I found this to be the least offensive of all three products. 

As for the Skin Perfecting Primer, this is the one product I wasn't overly keen on. To be honest, primers just don't do it for me as I never seem to get any benefit from them. This one also has a tint to it instead of being clear and I found it was a little too dark for my skin which resulted in it looking a tad muddy. It also left my skin feeling sticky, looking shiny and didn't do much in terms of smoothing out my pores. As I say though, I don't think I have ever tried a primer I get along with. With this being said, I can look past the primer as the main products in this kit are great.

If you are interested in trying this kit, it is currently on sale for half price here making it £12.50 instead of the usual £25.00. I have really enjoyed using all of the products and would really recommend giving this a try if you have difficulty controlling oil. However, if you don't  have oily skin they have other kits for anti-ageing and blemish prone skin too so you can find something to suit. The small bottles do last a long time too so £12.50 is a real bargain for high-end skincare products. Plus I always think sample sizes are a good way to test a new skincare routine before committing to buying the full-size bottles. The full size version of this kit costs a very hefty £70.00 but I must admit, if I had that kind of money I would buy it. Maybe I should stock up on these little kits while they are on sale? Hmmmmm.

Have you ever tried anything from Murad? Do you like the look of this kit?

Lots of Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment