OOTD | Fathers Day Florals


Dress – H&M
Blazer – H&M
Belt – Primark
Boots – Dotti
Ring – Primark
Sunglasses - Primark
Watch – DKNY

Hey Ladies. I hope you are all well and have had a great weekend. I've had a lovely weekend spending some quality time with my family and if you are a bit confused by the title of this post, today is Fathers Day in Australia. I've never really understood why countries have different days for things like Fathers Day but none the less it was lovely to be able to spend it with my dad here in Australia.

Yesterday we decided to go out for some lunch, drinks and early Fathers Day celebrations and the outfit above is what I wore. We didn't go anywhere too fancy but I still wanted to make a bit of an effort so I thought this cute little dress with a blazer and ankle boots would work well. If you read my last outfit post you will know I have been loving these boots lately as I think they go with pretty much any outfit and make cute girly dresses like this look a bit more edgy.

I received the dress as a gift from my dad and step mum a couple of months ago but I have never got round to wearing it until now. At first I thought I couldn't pull it off as it was a bit too grown up for me but as soon as I added a belt, blazer and boots, I loved it.

I love the bold print on the dress as it makes a statement without being too over the top and the blue and white colour scheme worked perfectly with this chunky brown belt. The material is also very lightweight making it comfortable to wear and the slits up the sleeves give a nice additional twist. I also think it would be the perfect wedding or christening outfit paired with some heels and a thinner belt.

Although I did feel very grown up and slightly out of my usual comfort zone in this outfit, I liked how it looked sophisticated yet cool at the time. However, I'm glad I decided to wear it after leaving it sat in my wardrobe for a couple of months and it has motivated me to wear more outfits that I wouldn't typically wear.

Do you ever get scared to wear clothes that aren't your typical style?

Lots of Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment