Tag | Why Do You Wear Makeup

Image: Weheartit (Edited by Me)


Hey Ladies! I've seen this 'Why Do I Wear Makeup' tag flying around on a few of my favourite blogs lately so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and join in. I always love to do tags as I find them really interesting to read and it's a great way to get to know the writer behind the blog. There are four questions to answer in this particular tag (I wish there was more!) and I tag all of you to do it. Talking of tags, I actually created my own a few months ago called 'Blogging Love'. You can have a read of it here and join in if you like the concept. Don't forget to comment with the link to your post or tweet me if you do it as I'd love to read your answers. So without me blabbering on anymore, I'm going to get straight into the tag.

1. When did you begin loving make-up? My love for makeup began way back when I was a little girl. My mum has always been the kind of lady that likes to take care of her appearance and as a little girl I remember watching her applying makeup. I used to sneakily put some lipstick on and try on her high heels when she wasn't watching. We all did this right? 
When I was approaching my teen years I went through a bit of a tomboy stage so my fascination with makeup slowly dwindled until I got to year 8 (second year of high school). I was around 13/14 when I started to get back into it again so I started wearing a teeny bit of mascara and clear lip gloss.
By the time I was 15 I was back in a full blown love affair with makeup and I began experimenting with bronzer, eyeshadows and eyeliner. I went through an awful stage of wearing black eyeshadow which looking back was a big NO-NO. Ever since then my love and taste in makeup has grown and developed. I began experimenting in high-end brands when I turned 18 and ever since theres been no looking back. Hello MAC lipsticks! 8)

2. How do you feel without make-up? I'm going to be honest - bloody awful! I mean I don't look that much different without it and I've always been lucky to have clear skin but I'm not the most confident person when it comes to my appearance and I'm very overly critical of myself. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable going out in a social environment without my makeup but when I'm chilling in my flat I don't wear a scrap. However, if I'm leaving my flat, even just to pop to the shops, I have to pop some makeup on. I think it's a bit of a comfort blanket for me and it gives me a little bit more confidence. On a day to day basis I don't wear a lot of makeup as I like to keep it looking natural but I will go more dramatic on a night out with false lashes and a bright lip.

3. What do you like about make-up? I love makeup because it can really help to enhance my natural features. I can use a foundation to make my skin look clear and glowy or an eyeliner to make my eyes stand out. I also love the actual application of makeup and seeing a look come together. I enjoy experimenting with different eye looks or wearing a bright lip and I get just as excited about wearing a new lipstick as I do about wearing a new dress. For me makeup is exciting, fun and something that women should embrace.

4. Three 'Holy Grail' items - Oh how on earth do I pick just three?!

NARS Laguna Bronzer - I've reviewed this on my blog here and I can't even describe how much I love this bronzer. It adds a subtle glow to my skin and is a lovely natural tan colour.

Urban Decay NAKED Palette - I have both of the Naked palettes and have reviewed and compared them both here. I just had to include them as a Holy Grail item as they contain every eyeshadow I'd ever need. Of course I own other eyeshadows because I'm a makeup addict but if I'm travelling or in a rush I know I can grab this palette and create a range of different looks. 

MAC 'Feline' Eye Liner - Eyeliner is and always has been an essential beauty product in my daily makeup routine. I love the way it makes my blue eyes stand out and I instantly feel more confident when I'm wearing it. I have reviewed this one from MAC here if you want to know why I love it.

I hope you enjoyed reading my answers and don't forget to leave your link below if you decide to do this or my 'Blogging Love' tag. I look forward to reading your answers!

Lots of Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment