A New Favourite | MAC Lady Danger Lipstick


MAC Lipsticks - £14.00 - Link

Hi Guys! I hope you are all well and having a great week so far. I've been back to the doctors today after being ill for almost 4 weeks now and was told I have sinusitis. I've been given a course of antibiotics so I'm hoping they will work their magic sooner rather than later as I am feeling so fed up and down in the dumps. I'm currently snuggled up on the sofa under a warm duvet so I thought I might as well cheer myself up by writing a blog post. I'd also like to say thanks for your lovely tweets - I can always rely on my fellow bloggers to cheer me up! *hugs*

I was recently lucky enough to win a giveaway from the gorgeous Rachel who writes the lovely blog Write on Trend. She was hosting a giveaway to win a MAC lipstick of our choice and I was over the moon when she contacted me on Twitter to let me know I'd won. It was the first giveaway I'd ever won (I've won another one since - how lucky?) and as a huge MAC fan, I couldn't of asked for a more lovely prize to win than a MAC lipstick. I'm sure you all know by now how utterly obsessed I am with lipsticks so I had no problem whatsoever when it came to choosing one from my huge wish list. I'd had my eye on 'Lady Danger' for as long as I can remember and after reading some reviews and drooling over gorgeous swatches online, I told Rachel this is the one I'd like. 

I was super excited when it arrived in the post for me and as soon as I took it out of the classic MAC packaging I was amazed by the bright, vivid colour staring back at me. Orange is one of my favourite lip shades to wear as I find it really brightens up my face and this one is no exception. It's a bright orange shade with red undertones and a matte formula. I'm not usually a fan of matte lipsticks as they can be drying but this one still has a slight sheen and the amazing pigmentation makes the matte finish completely worth it. I also found that this lasted much longer on my lips than glossier lipsticks I own which saved me having to touch up as often as I usually would.

I also love that this lipstick has been named 'Lady Danger' as I think it has such a lovely ring to it and it matches the shade and formula of the product perfectly. When I look at this shade it makes me think of one of those sexy siren ladies you see in the old fashioned movies wearing hats and fur coats. Is that really random? I wore it at the weekend with my new coat from my previous post and I must admit I felt very ladylike and loved the contrast between my black  coat and statement lip. I have a feeling I will be wearing this shade a lot over the next couple of months to add a bit of colour to my face during these cold winter months.

With that being said, thank you very much for my new favourite lipstick Rachel! 


Do you own Lady Danger? Whats your current favourite lipstick?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment