My Christmas - The Lowdown!


Hi Everyone! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas. My day was fab but I can't believe it's over already. There's always such a huge build up to the big day it and then it's over in what feels like a flash. I've loved reading everyone Christmas blog posts so far so I thought I would share a few of the snaps I've taken over the past couple of days and also the makeup and outfit I wore on Christmas day.

My Christmas day began with my little sister coming to wake me up at 6.30am. She had actually set the alarm on her phone to specifically wake her up at that time - the crazy fool! With much difficulty I managed to drag myself out of bed (I am not a morning person!) and we went into my mum and step-dads bedroom to open our stockings. I think opening my stocking is one of my favourite parts of Christmas day as my mum always fills it to the brim with cute and thoughtful little gifts. After opening our stockings we then made our way to the living room where mum had laid out our main presents from all of our family. As you can see from the photo above, I was well and truly spoilt and I am so grateful for everything I received. I'm going to do a separate 'what I got for Christmas' post as I didn't want to make this one too long. I hope that's something you would all like to see - I personally love having a nosy at everyones gifts.

When we had all finished opening our presents my sister and I watched 'The Vow' in bed which I received as a gift in my stocking. If you haven't already seen it and love a cute romance, it's definitely worth a watch. We then stuffed our face with bacon bagels (yum!) and then started getting ready for our Christmas dinner. I helped my mum to prepare the turkey which was quite funny to say the least and then I got myself spruced up with some of my new makeup and my new sparkly dress. The dress I wore is from River Island and I bought it a few weeks ago after spotting it on their website and thinking it was the perfect party dress. The style is very flattering with black panelling down either side to create an hourglass shape and the gold glitter makes it lovely and festive.

If you read my Christmas Tag post you will know that my favourite makeup look to wear at Christmas is a bold red lip. For me, Christmas and a bright red lip go hand in hand with each other so I popped my beloved 'Lady Danger' from MAC on and paired it with a fairly neutral eye. I used my new Stila in the Light palette to create a soft gold and brown smokey eye and also added some Girls with Attitude false eyelashes for some extra glamour. My hair was pretty standard, big and curly! I used Big Sexy Hair 'Backcomb in a Bottle' for some added volume too and it worked amazingly. Look out for a review of that in the near future.

We sat down for our dinner at around 4pm and it was absolutely delicious. We had prawn cocktail, tukery with all the trimmings and champagne to celebrate. Mum had also made a Pavlova for dessert but we were so full we couldn't eat it (lightweights!). We then chilled for the afternoon having drinks and watching movies. The perfect family day. Later in the evening I went round to my boyfriends so see him and his family where there was more eating and drinking and by the end of the day I was absolutely shattered. I'm the same every Christmas, I think a mixture of eating lots of food and being woken up at the crack of dawn makes me very sleepy but its so worth it. 

All in all I had an amazing day and I'm so sad it's over! However, I do have a night out with my girls and family party to look forward to this weekend so the celebrations aren't over just yet.

I hope you all had an amazing day!

Lots of Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment