The Christmas Tag


1. What is your favourite thing about Christmas?

To be honest, I love everything about Christmas. The way everyone is so much happier, the shopping, the lights, the smells, the food, the snow, the decorations - the list could go on. However, my ultimate favourite thing about Christmas is getting to spend lots of quality time with my nearest and dearest. Everyone is so much happier at Christmas time and I love nothing more than spending the day exchanging gifts, eating lots of food and getting merry. There's nothing better in my opinion. The only thing I would change if I could would be to have my family from Australia here with me as well - that would be the icing on the cake.

2. What is your favourite makeup look for the festive season?

My favourite makeup look for Christmas without a doubt is bold red lips. Obviously red is the ultimate Christmas colour so I feel I have to incorporate it into my makeup somehow. I think my mum started the 'red' tradition as every year she has to wear a read top or dress on Christmas day. I won't be wearing red clothing this year but I'll certainly be slicking on some red lipstick paired with a simple gold and brown eye.

3. Real or fake tree?

Now this might be a bit controversial but I actually prefer fake trees. I recently had this conversation with my mum and boyfriend and we came to the conclusion we prefer fake trees because they are more 'symmetrical' and visually pleasing (did I really just say that?). I guess what I mean is they aren't as awol as real trees. No needles everywhere and no stuggling to stick in in a huge tub surrounded by all sorts of crap to try and secure the beast in place. Artificial trees last years too which makes them cheaper in the long run and they are generally a nicer shape. I don't like that real trees have branches sticking out here there and everywhere. If you hadn't already guessed I have an obsession with symmetry (it's my OCD - I'm not mental I promise! haha). The only thing I do prefer about a real tree is the lovely Christmas smell.

4. Giving or receiving presents?

I don't want to sound like a complete soppy wet wipe but I 100% prefer giving presents. I mean of course I love receiving them too (who doesn't?) but as a self-confessed shopaholic, I love nothing more than going shopping and buying presents that I know people will love. It gives me so much joy to see someones face light up when they open a present I give them or to know it was something they really, really, really wanted. For example, I bought my little sister concert tickets last year and I just knew she would be over the moon with them so when I saw her little face light up, it made me exceptionally happy. As you can see from the photo of my Christmas presents (so far) above, I tend to go a bit mad with Christmas shopping and often wish I was a multi-millionaire so I could go even more crazy. I'm also an avid wrapper as well and everything has to be matching in terms of colour scheme, bows and tags. I blame you for this as well mother.

5. Do you open your presents in the morning or evening?

My sister and I usually get up at a ridiculously early time in the morning and then open our stockings (yes I still have a stocking), in my mum and step-dads bedroom. The room usually ends up looking a complete mess with wrapping paper thrown all over the floor but I guess that's all part of the fun. We then make our way dowstairs to the Living Room where all of our 'main' presents are left waiting for us, perfectly positioned by my lovely mum might I add. We then open them all at top speed and are usually done by around 8am (I'm not even joking). My step-dad then cooks up a huge fry-up and we sit infront of the TV watching new DVDs or in my case, having a pamper with all my new beauty products. We then get spruced up, have Christmas dinner, you know, all the usual things. All in all, it's an amazing day!

6. Handmade or bought Christmas cards?

I have to be honest, it would have to be bought. I don't think I'm quite artistic enough to be able to make beautiful looking homemade cards but I do think they are incredibly thoughtful and if I had the skills and time, I would definitely give it a go. I do however always pick nice cards for my close family. I know they often get thrown in the bin straight after Christmas but I always like to choose cards that have a thoughtful and relevent message on them. The card I've got my mum this year sums her up perfectly and the one I've bought my boyfriend is the most epic card of all time. I won't say too much as I know he reads my blog but lets just say it's not your standard card.

7. What is your favourite Christmas film?

I was thinking about this and I'm going to have to say Home Alone and Miracle of 34th Street as they are both amazing and classic Christmas films. They are the type of films that never get old and I could watch them over and over again. My family and I always watch a Christmas film on Christmas Eve to get us in the Christmas Spirit which is always lovely.

8. What is your favourite Christmas food?

Where do I begin? Turkey, stuffing, pigs in blankets ... CHOCOLATE! Traditionally my family always start our Christmas dinner with a prawn cocktail (yum!), then Turkey with all the trimmings (yum!) and a humongous Pavlova for dessert (my fave!). Both of my Nanna's do ginormous and yummy buffets between Christmas and New Year too which are amazing and full of mouth watering treats, I'm looking forward to it already.


So there we have it, that's my Christmas pretty much summed up. As you can probably gather from my uber rambly answers to these questions, I'm just slightly enthusiastic at this time of the year. Like I said earlier though, it is my absolute favourite time of the year so it's fine to get a tad carried away.

Do you love Christmas as much as me? Have you done this tag?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment