My NYE Outfit | River Island Midi-Dress




Hi Ladies! I hope you are all well. Today was my first day back at work after 11 days off and I'm sure like many of you, I'm not feeling too great about it. Isn't that first week back at work after the Christmas period always the most depressing? I feel as though I have no holidays or occasions to look forward to now for ages but I guess that means I can spend more time concentrating on my blog which is always a good thing. I also signed up to the gym and called the doctors today to finally go and see someone about my anxiety problems so although being back at work is poopy, I tried to turn it into a positive by making a start on some of the resolutions I mentioned in my last post. 'New year, new me' and all that malarky.

I also thought I would show you all my new dress that I wore on New Years Eve as I absolutely love it. I originally had something different to wear but I decided against it at the last minute and made a mad dash into town to try and find something else. I always find the likes of Topshop, River Island and Miss Selfridge good 'go-to' places where you can almost always guarantee there will be at least one nice item. With this being said, the first place I headed to was River Island, purely because I knew they had some lovely midi dresses in there after seeing my friend Zoe wearing one on a night out together the weekend before. She had picked up a lovely burgundy and black aztec print one and as soon as I saw it on her, I knew I had to have one. So whilst having a browse, I spotted this black and cream version and decided it would be perfect for my NYE plans.

What I love the most about it is how ladylike it looks. It has long sleeves and is past the knee in length so it is demure and classy but still glamorous at the same time. I've never worn a 'midi' dress before, for fear of looking a bit frumpy or old fashioned but my opinion on them has been well and truly changed. It was nice to wear something that little bit longer and although it is still tight fitting and clings to every lump and bump (suck it in!), I loved how it looked. It required no accessories because of the jazzy print and paired with my black Primark heels, simple hair and a red lip, it was an effortless party look. Its still available on the River Island website here if you fancy treating yourself. I also think its the perfect dress for a wedding, christening or family party so I know I will be getting lots of wear out of it.


Do you like midi-dresses? What did you wear on NYE?

Lots of Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment