NARS Kalahari Eyeshadow Duo

Hi Ladies! If you read my blog regularly you will know that I am a huge fan of NARS and would go as far as saying its my favourite brand, alongside MAC of course. Their Laguna bronzer is a Holy Grail item in my makeup bag and since trying their eyeshadow duos, I can see these becoming quite addictive too. Not only are they in handy travel sized compacts with a decent sized mirror but the quality of the eyeshadows themselves are second to none. The first duo I got my hands on was 'Isolde', a gorgeous orange/copper toned duo which I absolutely adore and reviewed here if you fancy a read.


Since then I have acquired another duo and this time its in the shade 'Kalahari'. My lovely boyfriend picked this up for me when he was on a holiday in Las Vegas as I had been lusting after it for quite some time. As you can see from the photos above, it comes with two neutral shades - a taupe and a bronze. As I'm sure you're all aware by now, I'm very much a 'neutrals' girl when it comes to my eyeshadow so these two colours are perfect for creating a subtle everyday eye look.


Now I know some of you might think 'how many neutral eyeshadows does one girl need?' and yes its true, I do have far too many. However, the difference with NARS eyeshadows to your standard drugstore competitors is the highly pigmented, creamy formula. As you can see from my swatches above (which are the wrong way around by the way - apologies for that!) these shadows need the slightest touch to achieve intense colour. I also love that they have a metallic finish as this is my favourite kind of eyeshadow to wear. However, what I would say is that the bronze shade (right swatch) in this duo is much more pigmented and metallic than the taupe shade (left swatch). Although it looks fairly pigmented and metallic in the above photo, I find it takes more effort to get the desired colour pay off with this shadow than it does with the bronze shade. It also has a more matte finish than the bronze shade but I'm not too bothered about this as it does make for a great crease colour and work well with the bronze shade. Also, does anyone else think the bronze shade looks pretty much identical to 'Woodwinked' by MAC? Woodwinked is my favourite eyeshadow ever so this shade definitely gets a thumbs up from me.


Overall I'd say this is a great little duo and the two shades together make for perfect everyday wear. I also like that I can wear them individually too with other shadows from my collection. The only slight annoyance is the taupe shade not being quite as pigmented as the bronze but other than that, it's great! I don't think I like it quite as much as 'Isolde' but as the colours are more vivid in that duo, its obviously going to be more pigmented.


If you're looking for a good pair of everyday neutral eyeshadows that are handy to carry around in your bag or travel with, I would recommend giving this duo a try!


Do you like NARS eyesahdows? What do you think of Kalahari?


Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment