Rimmel Apocalips | Review & Swatches

Hi Ladies! For the past couple of weeks the beauty world has gone mad for Rimmels latest lip offereing 'Apocalips'. They have been featured all over blog land and lots of beauty bloggers rushed out to buy them when they were released last Wednesday. I was one of these people too and immediately ordered some on the Boots website as soon as they were released. (Is that sad?) They retail at £5.99 each which I think is quite a bargain anyway but even better, Boots are currently offering 3 for 2 across Rimmel products so I managed to get 3 for £12.00 - what a bargain!

If you don't know what they are or this is the first time you are reading about them, they are a classed as a 'lip lacquer'. Now I'm not sure what the technical meaning of this is but they way I'd describe them is a creamy lipstick applied in the style of a gloss. I've never tried anyting like this before but I hear they are a dupe for the YSL glossy stains and I must admitt I struggled to only pick three as quite frankly I want them ALL. The three I decided on are Celestial, Apocaliptic and Big Bang. As I'm sure you all know by now, I adore bright lips so Apocaliptic (a bright fuschia) and Big Bang (a bright red) were clearly going to be at the top of my 'must purchase' list. However, I also wanted to try a more natural shade that I could wear to work so thats where Celestial comes into the picture, a gorgeous rose pink.

So, now we've established what they are and the shades I picked, I'll tell you my thoughts. Firstly, I love the name Apocalips. I mean who doesn't love a play on words and a good name like this certainly draws my attention towards a product. Secondly, the packaging is lovely. I love the crystal-like lid and the fact you can see each colour through the end of the tube. I also really like the doe-foot applicator as its so easy to use and I managed to get very precise application without the need for lip liner.

As for the product itself, on first impressions, I am blown away. I know that probably sounds completely dramatic but these are seriously the most amazing lip product I have tried in a long time. Not only do they apply like a dream but the creamy formula and pigmentation is second to none. When I first applied them to my lips I couldn't believe how much colour pay off one swipe achieved. In the photos I've included above, I only used one coat and managed to achieve completely opaque coverage. They are also smooth and glossy when first applied which feels lovely on the lips. However, I wouldn't say they are moisturising as such so thats one thing to consider if you prefer more moisturising lip products.

Another thing I was seriously impressed by is the staying power. I wore 'Apocaliptic' for a day out yesterday and it stayed on for hours. Admittedly the glossy effect does wear off after a little while but that didn't bother me too much and even when it did start to fade off, my lips were still stained underneath with a bright pop of colour.

Overall I absolutely adore these and if you follow me on Instagram (kayleighjcouture), I'm sure you have seen me gushing about how amazing these are. If you're looking for some affordable yet high quality lip products, these are for you. I'm already looking forward to wearing one of these shades on an upcoming night out this weekend. I already know it will look amazing!

Have you tried Apocalips? Do you love them as much as I do? I think I'm going to have to buy the whole collection!

Lots of Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment