Topshop Lipstick | Wicked


Hi Ladies! Today I'm posting about a recent addition to my ever growing lipstick collection. Let me introduce you to 'Wicked' from Topshop. I received it as a Christmas gift from my mum after I spotted it on the Topshop website and was intrigued by the black packaging. As you all know, typical Topshop packaging is white (and extremely sensitive to dirt) with stripes around the lid. However, this one is from the 'Dark Side of Nude' collection and I liked the idea of having a jazzy looking black version in my collection. It might seem superficial but hey, who doesn't like pretty packaging? When I unwrapped it on Christmas morning I wasn't disappointed with the packaging but I also discovered its a nightmare to photograph. As the lipstick and packaging are both dark, my camera was having trouble picking up detail so I do apologise for the shoddy photographs. I hope you can still get the idea.

I also liked the idea of adding a dark berry colour to my lip collection and this looked like the perfect shade. In the tube and online it looks super duper dark, a touch too dark for my liking but after googling some reviews (as us bloggers do!), I realised that its much less scary once applied and transfers onto the lips as a lovely deep purpley pink. Its still much darker than other lipsticks I own but not too dark that it makes me look like the devils child 8).
I wore it over the Christmas period for a night out with friends (pictured above) and I think it worked perfectly with a neutral eye for a touch of added glamour.The formula of the lipstick is perfect, it isn't too matte or too glossy (somewhere inbetween) and it has the same beautiful creamy and pigmented effect as the standard lipsticks. The staying power isn't amazing, I probably had to top up every couple of hours but I think thats to be expected with a moisturising formula and it didn't bother me all that much. If anything, I enjoyed whipping this little gem out of my clutch bag to re-apply.

Overall this is a fantastic lipstick and the perfect colour if your into the berry lip trend. I've tried finding it on the Topshop website but it seems to of vanished, boo! However, this collection is still available in stores and a few bits and bobs are still on the website so they might get it back in stock. Fingers crossed!

  Do you like dark lips? What do you think of this one?


Lots of Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment