Review | Korres Plum Lip Butter




Korres 'Plum' Lip Butter - Link

Hi Ladies! I hope you're all well and had a fabulous Valentines Day on Wednesday. I had a lovely evening with the boy at a fancy restaurant in Newcastle. The food wasn't great (I chose fishcakes and they were way TOO fishy - if that makes sense?) but the general atmosphere and service was fabulous. We also had a good chuckle at all the exceptionally posh people around us, we were a little bit out of our comfort zone. There was even one couple in there that looked as though they'd come straight from the set of Made in Chelsea. Fabullouuuus Dahhhling! Overall though we had a great night, even if the food was a bit snooty and overpriced. Oh well, you live and learn.

Today I'd like to share one of my new favourite lip products with you all, Korres Lip butter. I got this as a stocking filler for Christmas after telling my mum I'd really like one and I've really enjoyed using it ever since. Before receiving my own I'd read so many great reviews on these lip butters that I just had to see what all the fuss was about. As always, blogger hype got the better of me, whoops! I also suffer with pretty dry lips, especially at this time of year, so the idea of having a luxury lip balm to help my chapped lips was very appealing. The reason I refer to this as 'luxury' is because its just that little bit more decadent than your average lip balm. Its buttery soft and smooth, incredibly moisturising thanks to the combination of Shea butter and Rice wax and also highly pigmented. I decided to go for the shade 'Plum' as I love berry tones on the lips at the moment and I have to say I was very surprised at quite how pigmented it is. Most lip balms or products used for moisturising the lips tend to be very sheer but this one actually doubles up as a lip colour too with a lovely high shine finish.

I've also found it stains the lips and leaves a nice flush of colour even after the shine has worn off. I've been wearing this a lot during the day as its a great alternative to a lipstick or lipgloss and something I can easily carry around in my bag for on the go touch-ups. I often struggle with finding the perfect everyday lip product as I love a bright lip but don't want to look OTT when I'm going to work or popping to the shop. However, this solves that problem as it adds a bold colour to my lips without being quite as opaque as a lipstick. It also moisturises my lips throughout the day which of course is an added bonus.

The only gripe I have with this product is how messy it is. As its extrememly creamy (literally like butter), it can go all over the place if you're not careful. I don't think it helps that the 'Plum' shade I've got is dark meaning its even more messy. I also don't feel comfortable smearing a plum shade all over my lips before bed so I'm hoping to get another one of these in a light or opaque shade that I can slather on before bed to moisturise my lips. However, this is great for day to day wear and other than it being a little messy, I have no complaints. In fact, I love it. 

Its available to buy from Feel Unique for £6.00 which is pretty reasonable considering it will last a long time and there's lots of other shades available too including  Guava, Pomegranate, Mango, Quince, Wild Rose and Jasmine. I have my eye on Mango and Guava.

Have you ever tried the Korres lip butters? Which one is your favourite?

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment