Review | Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner


Hi Everyone! How are you all? I hope you've all had a fabulous weekend and are having a relaxed sunday night. I've had a great weekend and am now sat on the sofa drinking tea, eating Reese's peanut butter cups and blogging - perfect! Today I want to review the Maybelline Lasting Gel Eyeliner that is often compared as a dupe for the Bobbi Brown and MAC gel liners. Now I've tried the Bobbi Brown gel liner before and wasn't impressed (I found it dry and hard to work with), so I didn't have great hopes for the Maybelline version. However, after reading some reviews and watching YT videos of people raving about how great the Maybelline version is, I couldn't resist temptation. In true beauty blogger style I popped onto the Boots website and bought it without a second thought.

So, first things first - the packaging? If you read my blog regularly you'll know by now that packaging is very important to me. If a product looks cheap, tacky or generally unattractive, the chances are I won't buy it. Gosh, that makes me sound like such a makeup snob but the way I see it is if I'm spending my hard earned cash, I want to buy something that looks nice. So, does this live up to my packaging standards you ask? It most certainly does! I absolutely love the frosted glass pot containing the liner and the fact it comes with a handy little brush is a nice extra. The Bobbi Brown and MAC liners are over double the price of this one and don't come with a brush so this was definitely a plus point for me.

Moving on to the actual liner itself, I am very impressed. To be honest, I don't wear liner on my top lash line all that often because I find liquid liner quite messy and hard to work with while I'm rushing around before work in a morning. However, this gel liner is so easy to use its almost foolproof. As the formula is gel instead of liquid I find it much easier to control and so easy to create a perfect winged effect (see photo above). I've also found that a little goes a very long way and with only one dab of the brush my whole eye is liner in a matter of seconds. The reason I prefer this to the Bobbi Brown version is because the gel is 'wetter', making it easier to apply. I've also tried using this on my waterline and although I don't like it as much as my MAC Smolder and Feline liners, it still works.

As for the claims that this lasts 24 hours, I'm not too sure. To be honest, I don't know many people who wear their eyeliner for 24 hours anyway but what I do know is it last a long time. I can wear mine for a full day without it budging and thats good considering I'm one of those silly people who is always picking at her eyelashes. Whoops! The colour I picked up is 'Intense Black' and like the name states its very intense, deep and rich. I personally prefer wearing black liner but for those of you who prefer brown, they also offer a chocolate brown shade.

Overall I'm very impressed with this liner, much prefer it to the Bobbi Brown version and would definitely repurchase (not that I'll need to for a while - this will last AGES!). I bought mine here from Boots for £7.99 and theres currently a 3 for 2 deal on Maybelline products. Bargain alert!

Have you tried this gel eyeliner? What do you think?

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment