YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick | Le Orange

Hi Ladies! I hope you're all well. Today I'm sharing a new addition to my ever growing lipstick collection and I have to say - its the most beautiful addition yet. I was bought this YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipstick as a Christmas gift from my Dad and Step-mum and I have to say, its truly stunning! Firstly, just look at the packaging. I have to admit I'm a bit of a sucker for nice packaging and YSL lipsticks completely blow any other brand out of the water. Unlike the round Rouge Volupte lipsticks (I've reviewed mine here), the Rouge Pur Couture formula comes in a pure gold 'box' tube with the YSL letters engraved on the clasp and the lipstick itself. Just beautiful!

Another difference between the Rouge Volupte lipsticks and Rouge Pur Couture is the shape of the actual lipstick. The Volupte lipsticks are very thin with a flat top whereas the Rouge Pur Couture formula is shaped like your standard lipstick - a pointed 'bullet' so to speak. I actually much prefer the shape of a standard lipstick as I find them easier to apply, sturdier and I also find they tend to last longer. So, now I've got what they look like out of the way, what do I think of the lipstick itself? I have one word for you - LOVE!

No word of a lie this is the most incredible lipstick I own. I've never applied something so creamy and luxurious to my lips. The colour glides on with absolute ease, a tonne of pigmentation (the above photo was one swipe for reference) and the formula is so moisturising and glossy. I don't own any other lipsticks that give my lips the amount of pigmentation, moisture and gloss that this one provides. Of course I own lipsticks that do those things pretty darn well but this one is on another level of amazingness. 

The colour I've got is 'Le Orange', a vibrant red toned orange which has to be one of my all time favourite shades to wear. I own an array of similar shades from MAC Lady Danger to Topshop Rio Rio and this one is by far my favourite. The colour works perfectly on my skin tone and even when applied over my awful chapped lips it doesn't cling to any dry patches and leaves me with a nourished, healthy and glossy looking pout. In the photo above I applied it straight from the bullet with no lipliner and no prepping of my lips. My lips are always dry and chapped so as you can see, it really does hide a multitude of lip troubles.

The only bad thing about this lippie is of course the price. One of these little babies will set you back a whopping £25.00 (I know, crazy!) but for a special occasion, birthday present or even just a treat for yourself, I can't recommend you try one enough. I personally prefer this formula to the Rouge Volupte which I know a lot of people love (myself included!), so that shows how amazing I think this product is.

If you're willing to splurge and want a bit of luxury in your life, give one of these a go! You can buy them here from Feel Unique with free delivery and if 'Le Orange' isn't to your taste, they have a large selection of other beautiful shades too.

Have you tried any YSL lipsticks? Do you think they're worth the splurge?

Lots of Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment