Monthly Favourites | February


Hi Lovelies! I hope you're all well and are having a fantastic weekend. I've had the best weekend ever as I went to pick up my new Mini Cooper on Saturday and I absolutely LOVE it. I can't drive it yet as I still need to past my test but its definitely given me the motivation I need to get my bum into gear and learn to drive again. I've also been to Ikea today to buy a new dressing table and  storage so keep you're eyes peeled if you're interested in seeing it as I'll definitely be doing a post when its all set up. 

Also, can you believe its March? February seemed to pass us by in a flash. I didn't write a monthly favourites post last month purely because there wasn't many things I was loving. However, fast forward a month and theres lots of new bits and pieces that I'd like to share with you all so sit back, grab yourself a cup of tea and enjoy reading!

Okay so I'm sure you've all heard about the new Rimmel Lip Lacquers since every man and his blog have been talking about them 8). I of course couldn't resist temptation and placed an order from Boots the day they were released and on a 3 for 2 offer. I've blogged about the ones I bought here including swatches if you want to know more about them. Since then I've added another two to my collection and I love them all. The shades I currently own are Celestical, Apocaliptic, Big Bang, Stellar and Galaxy. My favourite of the bunch is Stellar - a gorgeous brink orange/pink that will be perfect for the upcoming summer months. The pigmentation of these bad boys is just insane which is why I love them so much. If you haven't tried them already, I urge you to!

I've already blogged about and expressed my love for this body wash here so I don't think I really need to explain why this is in my favourites. I'll give you three words though - IT SMELLS AMAZING!

I was recently sent a couple of Macadamia products to try out (full reviews to come soon) but this one has been the stand out product for me. The idea is to pop this through the mid to ends of towel dried hair and leave it to work its magic. I won't say too much as like I say, I'll be doing a full review soon but it leaves my hair feeling super soft and it smells incredible.

I've recently blogged about this little gem here and I absolutely love it. I've never really got along with gel eyeliners in the past (even Bobbi Brown was a no-no for me) but this one is super creamy, pigmented, long lasting and easy to use. I've been loving using this on my top lash line and I find I can get a much more precise 'flick' with this than I can with a liquid eye liner. I really don't have any complaints about it. The frosted jar looks cute too!

Another eyeliner I've been loving this month is MAC's 'Smolder' which I recently re-purchased after my 'Feline' liner ran out. I usually switch between the two of them and as Feline wasn't in stock, I decided to go for Smolder again. I'm glad I did as its a lovely creamy and pigmented eye pencil. I use this everyday in my water line and I really can't fault it. It's humongous too so even though its a bit pricier than your standard eye liner, in my opinion, its worth it.

I actually reviewed this lip gloss here earlier this week if you want to read why I love it so much in a bit more detail. Its basically just a fabulous lip gloss thats not sticky and makes my lips look plump and glossy. Perfect!

I've been really enjoying cleansing with this product at the moment and will be reviewing it in full soon. Due to the cold winter weather my skin has been very dry and sore but this has helped sort that right out. It's a oil based balm thats applied to dry skin to exfoliate and then mixed with a touch of water to cleanse. It contains small grains of oatmeal which gently exfoliate the skin and sweet almond oil to cleanse and melt away makeup. I'll go into more detail in my full review but its a fantastic product and a real treat to use. It also smells yummy!

I bought this on a whim from a recent MAC collection (I have no idea which one it was, possibly Apres Chic?) as I was feeling in a 'why not treat myself' kind of mood and wanted a new skinfinish. I absolutely adore the MSF in 'Soft and Gentle' and this one looked quite similar so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Although it isn't quite as pigmented as Soft and Gentle, the effect it gives my skin is fairly similair. Its a beautiful soft pink with gold running through it and it adds a lovely 'candlelight' glow to my skin. I don't like it quite as much as Soft and Gentle but I've thoroughly enjoyed using it this month.

I received this face mask in a set of three for Christmas and I've been absolutely loving it for the past few weeks. Its a charcoal mask meaning its great for extracting excess oil and impurities from the skin. I suffer with an oily t-zone so I can often get clogged pores and a few pimples around that area. However, as soon as I use this mask my skin looks crystal clear and feels amazingly soft. I'm going to review it in full soon but I'd definitely recommend it if you suffer with excess oil or large pores.

I hope you enjoyed reading about the products I've been loving this month! Do we have any of the same favourites? Have you tried any of these products?

Lots of Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment