New MAC Lipsticks | Rebel & Fanfare

MAC Lipsticks, MAC Fanfare and Rebel Lipsticks, MAC Lipstick Swatches, UK Beauty Blog, Couture Girl Blogspot, Beauty Blogger.jpg
MAC Lipsticks, MAC Fanfare and Rebel Lipsticks, MAC Lipstick Swatches, UK Beauty Blog, Couture Girl Blogspot, Beauty Blogger.jpg

MAC Lipsticks, MAC Fanfare and Rebel Lipsticks, MAC Lipstick Swatches, UK Beauty Blog, Couture Girl Blogspot, Beauty Blogger.jpg

MAC Lipsticks, MAC Fanfare and Rebel Lipsticks, MAC Lipstick Swatches, UK Beauty Blog, Couture Girl Blogspot, Beauty Blogger.jpg
MAC Lipsticks, MAC Fanfare and Rebel Lipsticks, MAC Lipstick Swatches, UK Beauty Blog, Couture Girl Blogspot, Beauty Blogger.jpg
Hi Ladies! I hope you’re all well and having a wonderful week so far – roll on the weekend! Today I’d like to introduce you to the recent additions to my MAC lipstick collection 'Rebel' and 'Fanfare'. A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to win the lovely Helen from Beautifully Superfluous giveaway of two MAC lipsticks of my choice – I know, how generous of her and sooo exciting for me! I actually couldn’t wipe the smile off my face when she contacted me to say I’d won. Thanks again Helen! 

As soon as I found out I’d won the giveaway, I instantly knew that ‘Rebel’ would be one of my choices as it'd been on my wish list for as long as I can remember. It’s a very ‘me’ colour, a deep berry pink (like I don’t have enough of those already) which of course meant I had to have it. I mean yes, I do have lots of berry pink shades in my collection but this one is rich, deep and just plain beautiful. Us beauty bloggers will use any excuse for another 'almost the same as all our other lipsticks' lipstick won't we? 8). Anyway before I start rambling I have one word for you all regarding this lipstick – LOVE! For me it’s just the perfect ‘night out’ shade. It’s deep, dramatic yet bright and vibrant at the same time. The formula is ‘Satin’ which isn’t glossy but not matte either, a happy medium I’d say. I much prefer Satin over a matte formula as they’re not quite as drying on the lips but still really long lasting and pigmented, which makes Rebel even more perfect for a night out. 

When it came to picking a second shade, I wanted something I could wear on an everyday basis. As I’m more of a bright lipped gal I don’t actually own a great deal of neutral shades, particularly from MAC. I do own and like Hue but it’s a touch too nude for me so I wanted something a little darker but still natural looking. After googling MAC lipstick swatches, I decided on Fanfare, a warm neutral shade with undertones of coral and pink. If you think of a ‘my lips but better’ shade, this is it. I’m so glad I chose it as I’ve had it on my lips every day since. If you follow me on Instagram (kayleighjcouture), you’ll of probably seen me posting about how much I love this paired with my Rimmel Stay Glossy Lipgloss in ‘All Day Seduction’, they really are the perfect every day combo. Fanfare is a ‘Cremesheen’ formula which is one of, if not my favourite formula of MAC lipsticks. Cremesheen is a hydrating formula that moisturises lips whilst still giving great colour pay off. 

It’s safe to say I’m completely in love with both of these lipsticks and as you can see from the swatches above, they’re super pigmented and pretty shades. They can be found on the MAC website for £14.00 each which is pricey but totally worth it right? If you’d like to see a more in-depth review or photos of me wearing either of these shades, don’t hesitate to let me know in the comments below. 

Have you tried Rebel or Fanfare? What’s your favourite MAC shade? I’m on the hunt for my perfect Spring/Summer shade next so leave me your suggestions below!

Lots of Love,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment