NYX // Matte Bronzer & Retractable Eyeliner

NYX Matte Bronzer Review, NYX Retractable Eyeliner Reviews, NYX Cosmetics UK, UK Beauty Blog, NYX Blogger of the Month, NYX Medium Matte Bronzer Swatches, NYX Brow Retractable Eyeliner Swatches, NYX Makeup Reviews
NYX Matte Bronzer Review, NYX Retractable Eyeliner Reviews, NYX Cosmetics UK, UK Beauty Blog, NYX Blogger of the Month, NYX Medium Matte Bronzer Swatches, NYX Brow Retractable Eyeliner Swatches, NYX Makeup Reviews
NYX Matte Bronzer Review, NYX Retractable Eyeliner Reviews, NYX Cosmetics UK, UK Beauty Blog, NYX Blogger of the Month, NYX Medium Matte Bronzer Swatches, NYX Brow Retractable Eyeliner Swatches, NYX Makeup Reviews
NYX Matte Bronzer Review, NYX Retractable Eyeliner Reviews, NYX Cosmetics UK, UK Beauty Blog, NYX Blogger of the Month, NYX Medium Matte Bronzer Swatches, NYX Brow Retractable Eyeliner Swatches, NYX Makeup Reviews
NYX Matte Bronzer Review, NYX Retractable Eyeliner Reviews, NYX Cosmetics UK, UK Beauty Blog, NYX Blogger of the Month, NYX Medium Matte Bronzer Swatches, NYX Brow Retractable Eyeliner Swatches, NYX Makeup Reviews
NYX Matte Bronzer Review, NYX Retractable Eyeliner Reviews, NYX Cosmetics UK, UK Beauty Blog, NYX Blogger of the Month, NYX Medium Matte Bronzer Swatches, NYX Brow Retractable Eyeliner Swatches, NYX Makeup Reviews
NYX Matte Bronzer Review, NYX Retractable Eyeliner Reviews, NYX Cosmetics UK, UK Beauty Blog, NYX Blogger of the Month, NYX Medium Matte Bronzer Swatches, NYX Brow Retractable Eyeliner Swatches, NYX Makeup Reviews

Hi Ladies! Its the weekend once again, yipppeeee! It only feels like five minutes ago I was saying this last week but hey, I'm not complaining. I don't have a great deal planned this weekend other than a trip to the cinema and Yo! Sushi with my boyfriend which will be lovely and chilled. Anyway, before I start rambling, you may or may not know that I was chosen to be NYX April Blogger of the Month and have been sent four of their wonderful products to test and review here on my blog. I've already reviewed two of the products I was sent here if you fancy a read and today I'm going to share the other two - the Matte Bronzer* and Retractable Eye Liner*. I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts ...


[Matte Bronzer - Shade 'Medium' (£8.00)]
Ever since I discovered NARS Laguna bronzer a couple of years ago, trying ANY other bronzers has been a complete no-no for me. I mean, why bother when I've found my 'holy grail' right? Stick with what you know and all that malarkey. However, one problem I do have with Laguna is the exceptionally hefty price tag and every time it runs out, I dread parting with another £25.00. So, you can imagine my horror when it was coming to an end and my delight when NYX told me one of the products I'd be sent to try was their Matte Bronzer. I have to be honest now and say I wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near as nice as Laguna, purely because every other bronzer I've tried in the past hasn't come close. However, much to my surprise - I adore this bronzer! Seriously, this stuff hasn't been off my face since I received it in the post. 

I chose the shade Medium out of the five available (Light, Medium, Deep, Dark Tan and Deep Tan) and its perfect for my skin tone. Unlike a lot of bronzers, it isn't orange or dirty looking, but more of a natural tan shade instead. In fact, the shade is very similar to my beloved Laguna which is the reason I love it so much in the first place. As well as being a great shade, the powder itself is silky smooth, pigmented and exceptionally easy to blend. With the lightest dab the colour is transferred easily onto my brush and the buttery soft texture means application is fool proof and flawless. I've been applying it with my Real Techniques blush brush and it instantly brightens my face and gives me a healthy glow. I like the fact that its matte too so I can use it all over my face without looking like a huge disco ball. I've been popping into onto my cheekbones, temples, nose and chin - anywhere on my face that would naturally catch a tan really. However, its also designed to be used on the body so I'll be trying that out too when the weather picks up and I'm showing more skin. 

Overall I absolutely adore this product and I've been using it every single day since I received it. I love the sleek and sturdy packaging with a handy mirror and I can see this being a staple in my summer makeup bag. I'm also so impressed that it only costs £8.00 because its such a high quality product and at the same standard as my beloved NARS Laguna. I'd 100% repurchase it If you're looking for a new affordable bronzer, I can't recommend this NYX one enough. Its beautiful!

[Rectractable Eyeliner - Shade 'Brown' (£4.00)]
For as long as I can remember, I've always worn black eyeliner. For me, eye liner is a must-have part of my makeup rountine and in a lot of ways its my beauty security blanket. I'm not sure why but I don't feel right without it, my face doesn't look complete and my eyes don't stand out as much. However, the one problem I do have with black eyeliner is the fact it can look quite dramatic when I'm trying to go for a more neutral, subtle look. With this being said, I decided it was time to branch out into brown eye liner, the more subtle little sister of my beloved black. So when NYX told me one of the products I'd be sent to review was one of their Retractable eyeliners, I instantly said I'd like to try it in brown. I've been using it for a little while now and I have to say, I've been converted. It still gives my eyes the definition and pop of colour that I'm so used to but the subtle brown shade means I don't look like I'm off partying in the middle of the day. I also find it compliments my favourite gold and bronze smoky eye very well and makes my blue eyes really stand out - yay!

As well as loving the shade, I'm very impressed with the formula. With the lightest touch it delivers creamy and intense pigmentation (see swatch above) and theres absolutely no dragging when applied to the eye. I hate nothing more than eyeliners that drag and pull on my eyelids (thats a no go for such a sensitive part of our face) and luckily this one does the opposite and glides on like a dream. I also find it exceptionally long lasting considering the creamy soft formula and if I apply it in the morning, it lasts all day without budging. Whats even better about this product is the unbelievable price tag. For only £4.00 the quality of this liner is comparable to that of my £14.00 MAC pencil. Yes I know, madness! Its very handy to use too, it doesn't require sharpening and instead twists up when you're running low and it also comes in a selection of 18 different colours. A colour for every eye look you can possibly think of with an amazing creamy and long lasting formula, whats not to love?

So there we have it, another rave review of two more fabulous NYX products. I've been so impressed with the four products I've tried and can't wait to treat myself to a few more. I've thoroughly enjoyed being their guest blogger this month and I'm so impressed with them as a brand. Exceptionally high quality products for affordable prices? Yes please! If you haven't tried anything from them before - please do. You won't regret it!

Have you tried the Matte Bronzer or Retractable eye liner? You can find them both here on the NYX website.
Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment