Review // Dainty Doll Lipsticks




Hi everyone! HAPPY FRIDAY! I'm so excited its the weekend, if you can't already tell? My boyfriends parents are visiting us this weekend and we're turning our spare bedroom into a 'movie room' - amazing! I may even do a blog post on the results as we've got some cool bits and pieces going in there and anything I find exciting definitely needs to be shared with you lovely lot. Anyway, before I go off on a tangent, let me get back to the focus of this post - Dainty Doll lipsticks. If you haven't heard of Dainty Doll before, its a brand designed for pale skinned ladies and created by the lovely Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud. To be honest, since its release a few years ago I haven't read many reviews about the brand so there wasn't anything I felt I 'had' to try even though I'm a fair skinned gal myself. Isn't it crazy the influence blogs have over the things we buy? If its not spoke about the chances are we'll think its no good which is silly really.

However, whilst browsing around Fragrance Direct, a cosmetics and beauty website that stocks well-known beauty brands for a fraction of the price, I spotted some Dainty Doll bits and pieces. When I saw the price they were being sold for compared to their normal retail price, I just had to buy a few things. I opted for three lipsticks and a couple of blushes too (I'll talk about those another time). The lipsticks were being sold for a mere £1.99 each (yes you heard that right), even though their standad retail price is £12.50. As you can imagine, I couldn't pass up a bargain like that and popped them into my virtual shopping basket immediately. When my parcel of Dainty Dolly goodies arrived in the post (super speedy might I add), I couldn't wait to give the products a try, particuarly the lipsticks. If you've been reading this little slice of the web for a while now, you'll know how utterly obsessed I am with lip products. I've tried my fair share of lipsticks now from high-end to highstreet so I think I'm pretty coherent at knowing when a lipstick is good or bad.

The three shades I chose are 'Baby Love' (a muted baby pink), 'It's My Party' (a bright Fuschia) and 'Saucy Sailor' (a deep vampy red). All three of the shades are right up my street and I particuarly like Baby Doll for everyday wear and It's My Party is just perfect for the upcoming summer months. Saucy Sailor is probably more suited to the Autumn/Winter months but its a great addition to my collection and one I will get a lot of use out of later in the year. As soon as I slicked them on my lips, it was love. Not only are they exceptionally pigmented (see above swatches) but they're incredibly moisturising too - a winning combination when it comes to lipstick. The lipsticks have been made with moisturising meadow foam seed oil which helps to keep the lips hydrated and ensures none of the lipstick clings to any dry patches. I've also find they're really long wearing too without being drying which is absolutely perfect. I'd definitely say these lipsticks are the same standard as MAC which is high praise from a MAC fanatic like me. I also love the metal black packaging and gold twist up, they look very sleek and elegant.

Overall I'm a big fan of these lipsticks and would highly recommend you give one a try if you haven't already. Unfortunately the brand seems to be vanishing from most websites at the moment and the lipsticks aren't currently available to buy on Fragrance Direct (they re-stock things all the time though) so do keep checking back for them. However, they do have some other Dainty Doll bits and pieces available including concealer, blush, powder and a lipgloss if you fancy trying something from the brand. You can also find the lipsticks on Amazon pretty cheap and I've tracked 'It's My Party' (my fave shade) down on Feel Unique here for £9.96.

Have you ever tried anything from Dainty Doll? I think I might buy myself a couple more blushes from Fragrance Direct before the brand dwindles away completely! BOO!

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

 Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment