The Body Shop // BB Cream, Drops of Youth & Body Scrub

The Body Shop BB Cream Review, The Body Shop Nutriganics Drops of Youth Review, The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub, UK Beauty Blog, Makeup and Skincare Reviews
The Body Shop BB Cream Review, The Body Shop Nutriganics Drops of Youth Review, The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub, UK Beauty Blog, Makeup and Skincare Reviews
The Body Shop BB Cream Review, The Body Shop Nutriganics Drops of Youth Review, The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub, UK Beauty Blog, Makeup and Skincare Reviews
Hi Ladies! I hope you're all well and having a great week so far. Today I'd like to share three lovely products with you that I was recently sent from The Body Shop. Being a huge fan of all Body Shop products I've tried in the past, I was very excited to receive an email asking if I'd like to test and review their All-in-One BB Cream* (£12.00), Nutriganics Drops of Youth* (£22.00) and Coconut Body Scrub* (£12.50). I obviously jumped at the chance and since receiving them in the post I've been testing them out so I can give you lovely lot a thorough review.

So firstly, let me talk to you about the All-in-One BB Cream. BB Creams are one of those weird and wonderful beauty products that often get hyped about on blogs and in magazines but one that I've never really got on with. I understand they're meant to help the skin look smooth and flawless but every time I've tried one in the past, its completely let me down and was essentially just a rubbish tinted moisturiser with a fancy name. However, since trying The Body Shop's BB cream, my opinions on them may well have changed. This 'colour-adapting' cream has to be one of the most clever beauty products I've ever used. The first time I squeezed it from the tube and saw a white cream staring back at me, I was rather bemused. I didn't understand why it was white or what on earth it was going to end up looking like on my face but after reading more about it on The Body Shop website, I discovered that the cream contains 'pigment filled capsules' which dispense and adapt to your natural skin tone when applied, how cool is that?

Now although it contains magical pigments (can you tell I'm amazed by this?), the cream still comes in a choice of three colours - Light, Medium and Dark. As I'm quite pale, I went for the lightest shade which I've found blends into my skin slightly darker than my skintone but I don't mind as it still looks natural and gives my skin a subtle boost of colour. In terms of coverage, this is very light and not something I would wear on its own, unless I was having a very good skin day. However, I've been using it as a base for my foundation and for this purpose, its perfect. It isn't caky, it smooths out my skintone and gives my skin a much healthier and radiant appearance. Its also very moisturising on the skin meaning it will work well on dry skin types but it doesn't make my combination skin look oily either making it a good all-rounder for every skin type. I find my foundation looks a million times better if I'm wearing this underneath, it last longer and my boyfriend even commented that my skin looked nice the first time I used it. Thats a big compliment coming from a boy who wouldn't normally notice anything makeup or beauty related right? Overall I absolutely love this product and as a makeup base, its become a firm favourite. I do like it on its own too and I will definitely be taking this on holiday with me when I'm after a light base but for now, I'm really enjoying wearing it underneath my foundation.

 The Body Shop BB Cream Shade 01 Light Swatches, UK Beauty Blog, Makeup and Skincare Reviews
The next thing I'd like to discuss is the Nutriganics Drops of Youth which is one of The Body Shops bestselling products. Its a 98% organic face serum thats been designed to slow down the signs of aging and brighten the complexion. Now I realise I'm only 22 and don't need to use aging products just yet but this product is brilliant and does wonders for the skin, regardless of your age. Firstly, I love that its full of organic ingredients as my skin is super sensitive and I have to be really careful about what I'm applying to it. Thankfully, this hasn't caused me to have any problems or break outs, quite the opposite in fact. I've been applying it morning and night (it has a pippet dispenser which I LOVE) and I've found that is instantly smooths and brightens my whole complexion. It sinks in really quickly too meaning theres no need to hang around waiting before applying my moisturiser and it leaves no sticky residue on my skin either. Overall I absolutely adore this product and my skin looks so much brighter, smoother and glowy after using it. If you're looking for a serum to incorporate into your skincare routine, I can't recommend this one enough.

The Body Shop Skincare Reviews, The Body Shop Nutriganics Drops of Youth Review, The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub, UK Beauty Blog, Makeup and Skincare Reviews
The final product I'd like to share with you all is one I'm sure you've all heard of already and thats the Coconut Body Scrub. The Body Shop are known for their body products, particuarly the scrubs and butters and I can totally see why. Firstly, this stuff smells amazing. I'm not usually a fan of anything coconut scented but when I use this product I feel like I'm on an exotic beach sipping cocktails, ahhh. The exfoliating particles are the perfect size too and they remove any dry skin without being too harsh and rough. I also love the face this contains coconut oil too which helps to moisturise the skin as well as exfoliate. There's not much more to say about this product as its pretty self-explanitory. A great scrub, a great scent, whats not to love?

Have you tried any of these products? They're all available to buy here on The Body Shop website.

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment