Would You Rather? Beauty Edition



Hi Ladies! I hope you're all well and having a great weekend. Today's post is a bit of a fun one and something I've been wanting to do for a little while now. If you've been watching beauty videos on youtube for a good while, you might remember the 'Would you Rather: Beauty Edition' tag that was flying around. It was definitely one of my favourite tag videos to watch so I thought, 'ooh, I could do a blog post instead of a video' (I'm not quite brave enough to put my face on camera just yet). I realise people will of already done it on their blogs before and I'm jumping onto the bandwagon exceptionally late but hey, there's no rules when it comes to blogging. 

If you've never heard of 'would you rather' before, its very self explanatory. A set of questions asking if you'd rather do this or that and often you'd rather not do either which makes it all the more fun. I really like doing posts like this on my blog from time to time as its something different, something fun and you can all get to know me a little bit better too! So here we go, I can tell some of these questions are going to be tough to answer ...


Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks, and lipglosses or lose all of your palettes and eyeshadows?
This is actually an easy decision for me. If you've been reading my blog for a while I'm sure you're all aware that lip products are my ultimate weakness. I wear lipstick or gloss every single day and my collection is my pride and joy. With this being said, I'd have to say ta-ta to my eyeshadows and palettes. As sad as that would be, I don't wear eyeshadow every day so it wouldn't be a huge loss from my every day makeup routine. Also, you could play up your eyes with more eye liner/false lashes and even use highlighters as eyeshadow instead. How savvy of me! ;)
 
Would you rather chop off all your hair or never be able to cut it again?
Oooh, tough one. I was originally going to say never be able to cut it again but imagine those split ends? yikes. I also wouldn't want to chop it all off as short hair and I really don't get along. Maybe I could have it chopped and then wear extensions until it grew back? Yes, I'll go with that. Although my hair does take forever to grow so I'd be waiting a heck of a long time!

Would you rather have a coral cheek or a pink cheek?

Definitely coral. I don't really get along with pink blush (it makes me look like a barbie!) so I stick with neutral and coral shades to give my skin a warm flush of colour. My current fave is NARS Gina - go check it out ladies!

If you had £1000 to spend, Would you rather buy clothes or makeup?
As shocking as this may sound coming from a beauty blogger who is *obsessed* with make-up, it'd have to be clothes. Lets be honest, I have enough makeup to last me more than one life-time and although I love buying new bits and bobs now and then, I definitely don't need anymore for a good while. Also, because I normally spend all of my money on beauty products, it'd be nice to have a good splurge on clothes, shoes and accessories. Ooh, just imagine all the lovely Summer clothes you could get with one thousand pounds. If only!

Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner, or eyeliner as lipstick?
Wow, I definitely wouldn't like to do either! However, if I HAD to choose, it would have to be eyeliner as lipstick, purely because you could get a nice plum eyeliner and rock it as a plum lip instead. I can't imagine red, pink or coral lipstick looking good anywhere near the eyes though, and how on earth would you apply a chunky lipstick to your eye area? Ew, I perish the thought.

Would you rather only shop at MAC or Sephora?
I guess this tag originally started in the US as we don't have a Sephora here in the UK, sob. However, imagining I did live near a Sephora (what a dream!), I would definitely choose to only shop there. Don't get me wrong, I love MAC but I like to have options and I'd get a bit bored if I had to shop there for every single piece of makeup. I believe Sephora has a good variety and is like beauty bloggers dream land so I imagine I'd be content shopping there forever 8).

Would you rather only use one eyeshadow color or one lip color for the rest of your life?
Definitely one eye colour. I'm quite boring when it comes to eyeshadow and you can always find me wearing a neutral bronze smoky eye. However, when it comes to lipstick, I like to experiment. Whether its bright red, plum, peach, orange, berry, fuschia or nude - you'll find it in my collection. I think lipstick completely transforms a face and its a staple part of my makeup routine, especially for nights out.

Would you rather wear winter clothes in summer or summer clothes in winter?
ARGH, this is so hard - I don't want to do either of these. If I had to choose though - I guess it'd be winter clothes in Summer and my only reason behind this is because we don't have a great summer in the UK anyway. We only get around one week of hot weather a year (if that!) compared to the months and months of freezing cold winter weather so I definitely wouldn't want to be tottering around in summer clothes for the duration of those horrible cold months.

Would you rather dark nails or bright nails all year round?
I think dark nails suit me better so I'd have to go for dark. I do love a bright or pastel shade from time to time but I think dark nails are more wearable, look classier and work with most outfits.
 
Would you rather give up your favorite lip product or your favorite eye product?
Surprise surprise, I'd give up my favourite eye product. As I said earlier, I don't wear it everyday so it wouldn't faze me too much. I love all of my lip products though so they aren't going anywhere!


Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a pony tail or a messy bun?
I wear my hair in a pony tail for work most days and also in a side pony for a lot of nights out so I'd have to go for that. I think you can style pony tails in various ways whereas a messy bun isn't very versatile.

Would your rather never being able to paint your nails again or never use lipgloss?
I'd rather never wear lipgloss again. As much as I love my lip products, most lipsticks I own give my lips a nice gloss anyway. Oh and imagine toe nails without polish in a pair of pretty summer sandals? Ew, no thanks.

Would you rather shave your eyebrows and have none at all? or sharpie them in everyday?
OMG, can you imagine this? When I was about 15 there was a 'trend' going around my school to shave a few slits in your eyebrows and I decided to do it. Oh my goodness, bad move Kayleigh. Whoever pressurised me into feeling the need to do that, shame on you and your bad eyebrow choices. Anyway, blast from the past aside, I think I'd have to sharpie them in everyday. Just imagine having no eyebrows? I couldn't do it, they frame my face. I'd just have to attempt to make a brown sharpie work?

Would you rather live without makeup or nail polish?
Oh this is a very easy one! I'd 100% rather live without nail polish as other than on my toes, I rarely wear it. Unless I've had my acrylics done, I don't bother with nail polish. My natural nails are poopy because I bite them (I know, awful habit!) and nail polish brings more attention to their grossness. I wear makeup most days and love experimenting with it so I can't imagine never wearing it again.

I hope you enjoyed reading my answers to these funny questions ladies. It was really difficult to decide between some of them. Would your answers be the same as mine or would you have answered them differently? If you decide to do this post on your blog, let me know in the comments below or tweet me (@k_leexjx) as I'd love to read your answers.

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment