I'm Home // My Week in Marbella


Hi Everyone! I hope you're all doing well? I just wanted to write a post to let you all know that I'm back from my holidays and to share a few snaps with you. I have to say I'm rather sad to be back in dreary old England but I'm not going to get too down in the dumps about it as I go on holiday again in 8 weeks so that helps to lessen the blow a touch. It was so nice to have a relaxing week away with my boyfriend and his family chilling by the pool, eating good food and drinking yummy cocktails. We stayed at a complex called 'Grand Bahia' just outside of Marbella and our apartment was just beautiful. I call it an apartment but in all honesty it was more like a very large house and had everything we needed and more. The complex was beautiful too - it was very quiet and peaceful as the busy period doesn't kick off until July and it was covered in palm trees, swimming pools, waterfalls and gardens. Truly stunning. There was lots of nice cars parked around the place too and my boyfriend and I took a liking to a Victoria Beckham Range Rover Evoke. Dream car alert!

We spent most evenings cooking as we had a nice modern kitchen and BBQ to use and a huge patio with table and chairs, sun loungers and a hammock. It was so lovely to be able to do what we wanted to do with no interruptions like you often get in a hotel! We went out into Marbella a few nights for strolls down the beach, drinks in cute little bars where I even smoked a shisha pipe. Its safe to say that was a strange experience and I couldn't really master it. Another night we went from a meal at the beautiful Belvedere restaurant which is located right on the ocean front - so lovely. We often had drinks back at the apartment too as our patio overlooked one of the pools and it looked beautiful when it was all lit up in the evenings. We also managed to find a super cute beach bar on our last evening there (typical!) but it was lovely to sip wine on the beach front and relax. If we ever go back I imagine we'd spend a lot of our time there.

During the day we mainly plonked ourselves down at the pool and as there were five humongous ones at the complex, we certainly weren't short of choice. The one in the photos above was just outside our apartment so it was it was very convenient to roll out of bed and onto a sun lounger. I made sure I was well protected with factor 50 SPF but I still managed to get burnt thanks to the scorching weather. It was slightly painful at the time but I can't complain as it was great to feel the sun shining and I've come home with a lovely golden tan. I'm just hoping it sticks around for my birthday in 2 weeks so I can show it off. Any tips for making a natural tan last longer would be much appreciated.

We also went shopping to the local shopping centre and to my utter joy and excitement, there was a Sephora there. I've never ever been to a Sephora before but I've always wanted to so when I saw it I actually jumped for joy. Yes literally, I jumped - what a saddo! It was quite small but I didn't mind as it still had all the Sephora makeup which is what I was interested in. I didn't go too wild as I was on a tight budget but I did pick up a couple of things which I'll share with you all soon. The other shops there were amazing too - I was shocked to see they had the likes of Topshop, H&M and Zara so again, that was very exciting. They also had some fab shops we don't have in the UK and I managed to pick up a lovely neon cami just like the ones sold in Topshop for only 10 euros. Bargain!

So there we have it, my lovely holiday in pictures! I had such a wonderful time and I hope you enjoyed seeing what I got up to. I hope the pictures are okay too as they were taken with my Iphone and not my DSLR. I wish I'd taken it with me now I know what the apartment is like but before we went I didn't know what to expect and didn't want to risk leaving an expensive camera lying around. Oh well, there's always next time. I took lots of outfit photos too before we went out in the evenings which you might of seen on my Instagram (@kayleighjcouture) so I'm going to do a 'What I wore on Holiday' type post soon too. You may of also noticed I've had lots of lovely bloggers writing guest posts for me this past week so I'd like to say a huge thank you to them for keeping Couture Girl full of fabulous content while I was away. I hope you all enjoyed reading them and potentially discovered some new blogs to follow.

Are you going away on holiday this year? Have you ever visited Marbella?

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment