Latest In Beauty: Ultimate Summer Nails Box


Hi everyone! I hope you're all well and having a great weekend. I'm having a very lazy one but its been lovely to chill with the other half. We spent the majority of yesterday watching episodes of Dexter back to back. I'm seriously addicted to it, is anyone else? Anyway, Dexter aside, when an email appeared in my inbox informing me that You Magazine and Latest in Beauty had teamed up to create an 'ultimate Summer nails' beauty box*, I was very excited. I was even more excited when I was asked to share my thoughts on said box with you lovely lot. However, despite only going on sale on Monday, its already sold out. To be honest, I can completely see why but I'd of liked to share my thoughts with you all beforehand so you'd of had the chance to snap it up. Damn it! However, all is not lost - if you like the look of this little lot, you can pop your name down on the reservation list here to be notified when it comes back into stock. So now that disappointing disclaimer is out of the way (boo!) let me tell you a bit more about the contents of this fabulous beauty box. I'm sure you'll soon see why its sold out like hot cakes.

I have to be honest - I'm not the biggest fan of beauty boxes. I used to subscribe to a popular box and was left so disappointed with the contents every month that I unsubscribed. I always got the impression it was a scam and full of samples you could easily pick up for free in your local department store. However, Latest in Beauty have pulled out all the stops with their offering and have created a box worth well more than its £14.95 retail price. Here's what it includes ...

Essie 'So Haute' Sleek Stickers (RRP £11.99)
Worth almost the full value of this box itself, these Essie nail stickers or 'wraps' as they're often referred to are certainly a Summer show-stopper. I've never used nail stickers before but these ones are so pretty and I can't wait to give them a whirl when I get my acrylics done next week. This design is called 'So Haute' and the crimson shade with gold spots is super cute and chic for the Summer months.

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover (RRP £4.99)
A few months ago, this was one of the most hyped products in the bloggersphere (yes I did just use that term!) and its been on my 'must-try' list for such a long time. I was very excited to see it included in this box as I'm going on holiday in two weeks and this will definitely be coming along with me. If it does what it says on the tin and removes nail polish in a matter of seconds, it will be so convenient. Who else hates the laborious task of taking nail polish off with a million cotton buds? Hopefully Bourjois will help combat this pet hate of mine and I'll be sure to let you know my thoughts after I've used it.

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream 30ml (RRP £8.00)
Another product thats been on my 'must-try' list for some time now is L'Occitane hand cream so as you can image, I was very excited to see a travel size Shea Butter hand cream featured in this box. Hand cream is one of L'Occitane's best-selling products and after giving it a try, I can see why. A blend of Shea Butter, honey and sweet almond extract makes for a luxurious and moisturising treat. Once applied to the hands it sinks into the skin within seconds, leaving them nourished and soft. This is definitely something I'll be popping in my handbag and getting lots of use out of and something I'd use all year round. I love the retro silver squeezy tube too.

Butter London 'Yummy Mummy' Nail Polish (RRP £12.00)
In my opinion, this product is the star of this box. Butter London is a high-end nail brand and one I've wanted to try for quite some time. Retailing for £12.00 a bottle, its not the cheapest nail polish in the world and something I certainly couldn't afford to splash out on myself. The shade included is 'Yummy Mummy' a chic nude shade that will look perfect on the fingers and toes all year round, not just in the Summer. As I mentioned earlier, I'm getting my acrylics done next week in preparation for my upcoming holiday and this is the shade I'll be taking along to get them painted with. Super pretty and I love the square bottle too!

The Vintage Cosmetic Company Nail File (RRP 2.00)
Although its not one of the most exciting beauty items, a nail file is a must-have for keeping nails neat and tidy. This one from The Vintage Cosmetic Company is super cute. I love the vintage floral design!

Rituals Nail Varnish Corrector Pen (RRP £7.00)
Until receiving this box, I'd never heard of this product. I know - bad beauty blogger! However, I'm so glad I've been introduced to it as its perfect for people like me who aren't the neatest nail painters. This handy little corrector pen is designed to tidy up any nail 'mess' around the cuticles quickly and effortlessly. As I said, I've not mastered the art of painting my nails neatly and mess free so this will come in very handy.

Nail Inc 'Notting Hill' and 'Kensington Caviar Top Coat' Minis (RRP £5 each)
Ahhh, aren't these just the cutest bottles ever? I have to be honest as say I wouldn't buy these myself with a retail price of £5 each but I was very pleased to see them included in the box. Notting Hill is a vibrant neon pink which will be perfect for my toenails throughout Summer and the Kensington Caviar top coat is very cleverly designed to dry nails in only 45 seconds. If it lives up to its claims, it will be very handy for someone like me who has no patience when it comes to waiting for nails to dry.

I hope after reading a little bit more about whats included in this box, you can see why its sold out so quickly. After adding up all the RRP prices of the items included it come to a whopping £55.98. Yes I did intend to put that price in bold because I'm genuinely shocked by how amazing the contents of this box are for only £14.95. If this isn't a bargain, I don't know what it is.

Make sure you pop your name down on the reservation list I linked at the start of this post if you want to be in with a chance of getting your hands on it.

What do you think of this box? Is it something you'd pay £14.95 for?

Lots of Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment