OOTD // Khaki Maxi & Zara Mini Shopper


Dress - River Island // Handbag - Zara Mini Shopper // Shoes - Marks & Spencers // Belt - Primark // Necklace - Mataln // Wooden Bracelets - Matalan // Hand Chain - Primark // Sunglasses - H&M // Lipstick - YSL Le Orange 

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Other than being ill and unable to move off the sofa all day Saturday, I had a great weekend, especially yesterday when my boyfriend and I went to our friends house for a BBQ. It was my first BBQ of the Summer and I couldn't of asked for more perfect weather. Mr Sunshine definitely had his hat on and I even got a little bit burnt, oops. We had lots of yummy food too - its safe to say my friend went a tad OTT but we made a good effort at scoffing it all and there wasn't much left by the end of the night. Oops again. The drinks were flowing too - Pimms, Strawberry Daiquiris and Mixed Fruit cider, yum! 

As the weather was so lovely I decided to pop on a nice Summer outfit and in my opinion, nothing says Summer better than a good old maxi dress. I bought this Khaki one recently from River Island (link) and I absolutely adore it. I'd been after a Khaki maxi dress for such a long time as I love the colour for Summer and think it works well with most other colours and accessories. I think it works particularly well with tan and orange shades and as you can see, thats the colour I chose to style it with. I decided my Orange Zara Mini Shopper and chunky Orange necklace from Mataln would add a nice splash of colour to the outfit and looking at the photos I think they really compliment each other. I also popped a chunky tan belt around the dress to cinche in my waist and my tan cork heels from Marks and Spencers. I still can't believe I found those beauties in Marks and Sparks - who'd of thought it?

I added some chunky wooden bangles, also from Matalan and a cute hand chain from Primark to finish the outfit off and I also colour-coordinated my toenails and lipstick with Orange shades, as you do.  On my toes I'm wearing Models Own 'Hedonist' and on my lips I'm wearing YSL 'Le Orange' lipstick, just in case you were wondering (you probably weren't!). I also wore some aviator sunglasses from H&M which are obviously an essential when the sun is shining.

Considering this outfit was so easy and effortless to put together it still looked stylish which is why I love it so much. A stylish outfit thats effortless and comfortable, who can complain at that? I'm going on holiday on Saturday and every single thing I'm wearing here will be getting packed into my suitcase. I'm already looking forward to wearing it all again!

Do you like wearing maxi dresses in the Summer? What do you think of this one?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment