Monthly Favourites // June


Howdy everyone! First things first, can you believe we're in July already? Where the blimmin heck is this year going people? June was a pretty hectic month for me with going on my holiday to Marbella and what not and time seem to have passed me by in what feels like the blink of an eye. July is going to be another super busy month for me too as its my birthday on Saturday (YAY!), I'm going to T in the Park next weekend and a wedding the weekend after that. I sometimes wonder how I manage to have such a hectic social life whilst working full-time and maintaing my blog. I'm such a busy bee!


As well as being crazy busy for the past few weeks, I've also been trying lots of new beauty goodies and rekindling my love for some old favourites too. Most of them were absolute staples for me on my holiday and prevented me from looking like a sweaty frizz ball in all that humidity. Here they are in all their glory ...

YSLRouge Pur Couture Lipstick | Le Orange
I think I've mentioned this YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipstick in a favourites post before and I've reviewed it in full here so I apoligise if I'm repeating myself but I just absolutely love it. This was my go-to lipstick on holiday as I find the bright blood orange shade works perfectly with a tan. It instantly brightens up my whole face and the formula is divine too. Its incredibly pigmented and moisturising which are the top two things I look for in a lipstick so it gets a huge thumbs up from me. The only downside is the £25.00 price tag - I can't say I'd spend that amount of money on a lipstick myself but they're nice to receive as a gift.

Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion | For Medium to Dark Skin
Gradual tanning moisturisers are always a summer staple for me and this one by Dove which I've reviewed in full here has been slathered on my skin almost every night since I returned from Marbella. As its my birthday on Saturday I've been trying my hardest to maintain my holiday tan so I can show it off and this has helped to not only maintain it but to also stop me from peeling. There's nothing worse than getting a lovely tan on holiday for it to peel off a week after you get home so its really important to keep your skin hydrated with a good moisturiser. This one smells divine, hydrates my skin well and enhances my tan. What more could I want? The only downside to this product is the slight stickiness after its been applied but I tend to apply it just before bed so it doesn't bother me too much.

Schwartzcopf Oil Miracle*
If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know that I love a good hair oil. They're a staple part of my haircare rountine and I often find myself wondering what I used to use to keep my hair soft, shiny and nourished. As you all probably know my holy grail hair oil is Maroccan Oil but I have to say, this one from Schwartzcopf is a srong competitor and comes in at a close second. I decided to take it away on holiday with me as the cute plastic bottle is lightweight and convenient for travelling, unlike the bulky glass Moroccan Oil bottle. I used it every time I washed my hair on holiday and it helped to prevent frizz and give it some moisture and shine. Its really lightweight too meaning it doesn't weigh my hair down or leave it feeling caked in product. Overall its a fabulous little hair product that I'd recommend trying, especially to those of you with fine hair.

Nourish Cooling Toning Mist
I've tried a few products from Nourish now (more about those in a future post) and I'm so impressed by them. This Cooling Toning Mist is one of my favourites from the brand and again it was a staple for me on holiday. The idea is to spritz this onto clean skin after cleansing to refresh and tone the skin but I like to be a bit of a rebel and spray it whenever I want. I know, how bas ass of me ;)! I find this works exceptionally well not only after cleansing but also after makeup application to set the makeup in place and give my skin a dewy glow. It was also a pool side must-have on holiday as it really helped to cool me down and soothe my sunburnt skin. If you're going on holiday soon, I'd really recommend checking this out.

Vichy BB Cream | Light*
I recently reviewed this product in full so I won't go into too much detail as you can head over to this post here if you want to know more about it. However, what I will say is that this is the best BB cream I've ever tried. I know, big praise indeed. This was another staple for me on holiday as it covers any imperfections without caking the skin with product - the last thing you want in a hot and humid climate. It also illuminates my skin excellently so if you're suffering from dull lack-lustre skin, I can't recommend this enough. It also contains SPF 25 which is a brucey bonus for the Summer months.

Vichy Capital Soleil Velvety Cream SPF50+*
Although I love the sun and getting a tan, my skin is fair meaning its very sensitive and burns pretty darn easily. Boo! I think I've mentioned this before but I once got so sunburnt on holiday that my face swelled up and I had to get an injection in my bum - not cool guys, not cool. Ever since then I've been very paranoid about getting burnt and like to wear SPF 50, especially on my face, to keep me protected from anymore hospital trips. I took this Vichy 'Velvety Cream' SPF away to Marbella with me and I've fallen in love with it. Not only does it protect my skin from any nasty burns (and premature wrinkles) but it also smells divine and sinks into my skin beautifully not leaving any greasy residue behind like you usually get with SPF products. Also, I still managed to get a lovely tan through this product so don't be scared that it will leave you looking lilly white because of the high protection.

 Loreal Lumi Magique Touch of Light Highlighting Pen | Light
I bought this Loreal highlighting pen while I was out in Australia last year and reviewed it here as I thought it looked like a great dupe for the YSL Touche Eclat. Now although I haven't tried the touche eclat, I imagine this cheaper Loreal version does the exact same thing - conceals dark circles and brightens the under-eye area. I I love the sleek gold packaging (again, very similar to YSL) and the fact you twist the bottom of the pen and the product is dispersed from the little brush at the top. I find this very handy when I'm on the go and don't want to stick my fingers in messy pots. I've been using this product a lot lately, especially whilst I was away on holiday as the light coverage means it looks really natural whilst still helping to brighten my under-eye area and cover dark circles. I also use it down the bridge of my nose as I find it works well to highlight as well as conceal.

Barry M Nail Paint | Mushroom
Again, I think I've mentioned this product in a favourites post before and reviewed it here but what the hell, I've been loving it in June, so here it is again. Mushroom is the most beautiful neutral nail polish I've ever tried and its my go-to shade all year round. I had my nails painted with this shade just before my holiday as its very subtle whilst still being on-trend and it went well with every single outfit I wore. If you haven't tried this polish before, I recommend you put £2.99 to one side and treat yourself. Its a beauty!

Origins Quick, Hide! Concealer | Light
I received this as a christmas present from my mum and although I liked it on first impression, it seemed to get lost in my mountain of other makeup and I neglected it for a little while. However, over the past two months, this has been my go-to concealer for hiding those early morning dark circles. I have the shade Light which I find to be a good match to my skin tone and I love the fact it has salmon undertones meaning it cancels out any darkness. The formula is very creamy, the coverage is great and its long lasting. Its definitely my concealer of choice at the moment along with the Loreal Lumi Magique mentioned above.

Which products have you been loving lately? Have you tried any of my favourites?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment