Wedding Guest OOTD // Wish Want Wear

Dress - Wish Want Wear* | Shoes - Matalan | Clutch - Dorothy Perkins | Rings - Pandora

Hi everyone! I hope you're all well and having a great week. Its the weekend, yay! Before I start this post I'd just like to point out that the flash has made my legs look totally bizzare in the photos above. Just incase you were wondering if I had dodgy fake tan on, nope, I haven't. Anyway, dodgy flash legs aside, let me get back to the point of this post. If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you might of seen some tweets and photos flying around about a wedding I attended last weekend. It was my boyfriends cousins wedding and the whole day was an absolute dream. Everything from the dress, venue and decor was perfect and if I could sum up how I'd want my wedding to look, that would be it. Its safe to say the bride and I have scarily similar tastes! Anyway, before I go off on a tangent, I want to talk to you about the beautiful dress I wore for the day.

I was recently contacted by a fabulous company called Wish Want Wear who offer an amazing service where you can hire a designer dress for either four or eight days, wear it for a special occasion then send it back. In my opinion, this is completely genius as I for one could never ever afford to spend thousands of pounds on a designee dress and lets face it, most of us ladies (don't deny it girls!) only wear our 'special ocassion' dresses once and then leave them to collect dust in our wardrobes. The other great thing about Wish Want Wear is the fact they will send you your dress of choice in not one but two sizes to ensure it will fit you perfectly. Now thats what I call good customer service, talk about covering all bases.

When it came to choosing my dress, I knew I wanted something that was a bit different to what I'd normally go for and something I'd feel glamorous yet classy in. The choice on the Wish Want Wear website is absolutely amazing and there really is something for every occasion so wether its your birthday, engagement party, graduation or like me attending a wedding, you'll find a dress to suit your taste and needs. As well having an amazing range of styles to choose from, the designers on offer are pretty amazing too including Chanel, Herve Leger and Cavalli just to name a few.

So after trawling through hundreds of dresses for what felt like hours, I finally decided on the Rachel Gilbert 'Sian Sequin' dress which is a beautiful salmon pink shift dress covered in sequins and beads. The embellishment is so well designed and the mix of sequins on the top half and beads on the bottom half means its not too in your face or disco ball-esque. The weight of the dress is insane (its so heavy) but as I said, its been so well designed and I felt so glamorous wearing it. As the design is so detailed, I decided to go very minimal with accessories and kept things simple with a pair of nude court shoes from Matalan and a nude bag from Dorothy Perkins. I obviously wore a corsage around my wrist too as lets face it, no wedding outfit would be complete without one of those bad boys.

If I were to buy this dress at its RRP, it would set me back a whopping £1030 (ouch!) but to hire it from Wish Want Wear it costs a much more acceptable £140. Now I don't think £140 is cheap by any means, thats still a lot of money to spend on a dress but its a small price to pay if you're getting to wear the dress of your dreams for a special occassion. Plus, there's lots of other dresses available for less than £100 on the website if you are on a smaller budget. I've fallen head over heels for almost all of the floor length gowns they have to offer and I'm wishing it was my prom again so I could hire one. Seriously, you wouldn't look out of place on a red carpet wearing one of them. Beautiful!

If you've never heard of Wish Want Wear before, I can't recommend you check out their website enough. If you have a special occasion coming up, you'd be silly not to see what they have to offer. I'm in love with the whole website and concept and I now need another event to attend so I can hire a show-stopping dress!

Do you like the idea of hiring a designer dress? What would you choose from the website? 

Lots of Love,

Couture Girl has been shortlisted for a Cosmopolitan 'Best Established Beauty Blog' award. If you enjoy reading my blog, you can vote for me here - I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment