Lovely Lip Balms

Lip Balms, Favourite Lip Balms, Balmi Lip Balm, Korres Plum Lip Butter, Nivea Lip Balms, Nivea Soft Rose Lip Balm, Nivea Pearly Shine Lip Balm,
Lip Balms, Favourite Lip Balms, Balmi Lip Balm, Korres Plum Lip Butter, Nivea Lip Balms, Nivea Soft Rose Lip Balm, Nivea Pearly Shine Lip Balm,

As you all know I'm constantly talking about lipsticks on my blog and you could say I'm a little bit addicted to them. However, one thing I don't mention an awful lot is lip balm and lets face it, if you wear lipstick a lot like I do, you need to make sure your lips are in tip-top condition. Dry flaky lips and lipstick are a no-no. With this being said, let me tell you about four lip balms that help keep my lips soft, moisturised and flake-free.

First up is the Korres Lip Butter in the shade 'Plum' and this is a favourite of mine in the Autumn/Winter due to the deep berry shade. It really lives up to its name and feels like butter when applied and although its a little messy to apply its worth it for the moisture and lovely wash of colour it gives my lips. This is great if you're looking for a 'two for the price of one' lip product as its fairly pigmented in colour but still exceptionally hydrating. Its a great one to pop on for work during the cold winter months when you want to give your lips some hydration but can't be bothered applying a lip balm and a lipstick or gloss over the top.

Next up are two lip balms by Nivea and these remind me of my youth as they were the first lip balms I ever used. My mum would often buy me sets with them in for Christmas and ever since, I've loved them. I currently own quite a collection but my two favourites at the moment are 'Soft Rose' and 'Pearly Shine'. The reason I love them both is because they aren't just plain old lip balms, they provide my lips with a wash of colour and sheen too. I'm not one for wearing nothing on my lips so lip balms like this are great when I don't want to make a lot of effort. Soft Rose is a dusky pink 'my lips but better' shade and perfect for everyday wear and 'Pearly Shine' adds a nice hint of pink shimmer to my lips when I'm feeling a bit more adventurous. As well as looking pretty on the lips, they're both very moisturising too. Perfect!

Finally, and probably my favourite of them all is my Balmi, a dupe for the infamous eos lip balm. I'm a complete sucker for cute packaging so as soon as these were released, I popped one straight into my Boots online basket. You could say its a bit gimmicky but I loved the idea of having a little dome shaped lip balm I could slick over my lips. I love how easy it is to apply - one swipe and my top and bottom lips are done in one. There's a few different flavours/colours available and the one I chose is Raspberry - it smells and tastes delightful! As well as being super cute as tasty (that doesn't sound right), its so moisturising on the lips. I find this one great for popping on before bed or before applying a heavy lipstick to ensure my lips are hydrated.

So there we have it, a few of my favourite lip balms. I did try to swatch them for you but my camera could only pick up the colour of the Korres one due to the other three being clear or very lightly pigmented. Apologies for that!

Do you like wearing lip balm? Have you tried any of these ones?

Lots of Love,


 Couture Girl has been shortlisted for a Cosmopolitan 'Best Established Beauty Blog' award. If you enjoy reading my blog, you can vote for me here - I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment