Tag // I Heart Summer

Beauty Blog Tag, I Heart Summer Tag, Summer,

Ooh, I do love a good tag post! I've seen this 'I Heart Summer' tag flying around on a few blogs and youtube channels lately so I thought I'd give it a whirl myself. We're coming to the end of Summer now here in the UK (boo!) so I wanted to squeeze this post in before it gets too late. It was really fun to write and I've enjoyed reading other peoples over the past few weeks so I hope you enjoy...

1. Favourite bronzer for Summer?
Ooh this is an easy one for me - it HAS to be my NARS Laguna, no questions about it. I'm sure you've all heart me raving about this bronzer before as its one of my all time favourite beauty products. Its the perfect shade for contouring with as it doesn't have a lot of shimmer but the slight sheen it does have adds a lovely glow to my skin. I love that it isn't orange or dirty looking and instead gives me a natural sunkissed look. If you haven't tried it, you must!

2. Favourite summer lip product?
This would have to be my Revlon Lip Butters, without a doubt. They're great for Summer as they're super moisturising and glossy which is perfect for a warm sunny day when I don't want to wear a heavy lipstick. 

3. Pool or beach?
When I go on holiday, I'm definitely more of a pool girl and spend the majority of my days laying on a sun lounger or splashing around in the pool. The reason I prefer the pool to the beach is the sand. Oh my gosh, I hate the stuff. It gets into every single nuck and cranny and is generally a big fat pain in the butt! I do think beaches are pretty though and I like to visit them when I go away but for sunbathing and general relaxation, the pool wins for me!

4. Must have styling product?
If this means must-have hair product, other than my Moroccan Oil which I use all year round, it would have to be my Toni & Guy sea salt spray. I recently mentioned it in my monthly favourites and its been a staple for me this Summer, especially on holiday. It helps me achieve natural beach waves with loads of volume and texture, I love it!

5. Sun bathing or fake tan?
I'm going to have to go for fake tan, purely because its the safest option. I'm very wary about exposing my skin to the sun too much and I often wear factor 50 sunscreen while I'm on holiday as my skin is SO sensitive. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love lounging around in the sun and if I could have a natural tan all year round without damaging my skin I certainly would.


6. Favourite summer drink?
Ooh this is a tough one as there's so many lovely Summer beverages! I am very partial to an Elderflower & Lime Kopperberg or a white wine spritzer in the warmer weather though - so yummy and refreshing.

7. Favourite summer nail polish?
The nail polish I've been loving for the past two summers is 'Hedonist' from Models Own. Its a super bright neon orange and as soon as I put it on my fingers or toes, I instantly feel happy and summery. Its definitely the perfect Summer shade and brightens up any outfit.

8. Any summer traditions?
Other than going away on holiday every year and the obligatory Summer BBQ's and beer gardens the only thing my family, friends and I do EVERY single Summer is go to a carnival in my home town. It involves lots of beer gardens, lots of drinking and a lot of giggles. It always falls on my birthday weekend too which makes it even better!

9. Favourite summer scent?
This would have to be my MAC Turquatic perfume purely because it smells like Summer in a bottle. I'm useless at explaining fragrances so I'll just say its very fresh, light and summery.


10. Favourite BBQ food?
I absoloutely LOVE BBQ's in general so I'm not overly fussy when it comes to the food, as long as there's plenty of choice. I'm one of those people that loves picking at different food so at BBQ's or buffets I'm like a kid in a candy shop. Isn't it much more exciting than a bog standard meal? If I had to choose my ultimate BBQ food though it would be a sausage (very well cooked) in a finger bun with onions and tomato sauce. Mmmmm!

11. Favourite summer-proof product?
It would have to be my Rimmel Stay Matte powder as its great for keeping any shine at bay during the hot weather. I have combination skin so my t-zone is prone to oil but with the help of this powder, my face doesn't end up looking like a huge grease ball. Yay!

12. Any summer plans?
I'm a bit late on the bandwagon with this tag so a lot of my Summer plans are already over and done with such as my holiday so Marbella and my weekend at T in the Park. However, I'm going to Portugal with my Nanna and sister tomorrow (I'm so excited!) so that will be a lovely way to round up my Summer. Its been a good en'!

Have you done this tag? I'd love to read your answers!

Lots of Love,


 Couture Girl has been shortlisted for a Cosmopolitan 'Best Established Beauty Blog' award. If you enjoy reading my blog, you can vote for me here - I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment