The Perfect Peach // NARS Gina

NARS Gina Blush Review, NARS Gina Blush Review and Swatches, UK Beauty Blog, Beauty Blog Review, Makeup Reviews, NARS Blusher, NARS Peach Blush
NARS Gina Blush Review, NARS Gina Blush Review and Swatches, UK Beauty Blog, Beauty Blog Review, Makeup Reviews, NARS Blusher, NARS Peach Blush
NARS Gina Blush Review, NARS Gina Blush Review and Swatches, UK Beauty Blog, Beauty Blog Review, Makeup Reviews, NARS Blusher, NARS Peach Blush
NARS Gina Blush Review, NARS Gina Blush Review and Swatches, UK Beauty Blog, Beauty Blog Review, Makeup Reviews, NARS Blusher, NARS Peach Blush


If you read my blog regularly I'm sure you'll all know that NARS is one of, if not my absolute favourite brand. Their Laguna bronzer is a holy grail product for me and even though I've ran out at the moment and can't afford to buy a new one (sob!), its something I'll always repurchase. With this being said, I decided it was time to dip my toes into other NARS cheek products and their blush was top of my list. I always hear amazing things about NARS blush but because I've only started wearing blush more recently, it was never something that stood out to me as a must-have. Until now of course.

After scouring around online looking at other bloggers reviews and comparing swatches, I decided the first NARS blush I'd like to try would be Gina, a pretty peach. Peach and orange shades are definitely my favourite when it comes to blush as I find pink can make me look too barbie-like which is never a good look, especially when I've got bright blonde hair. I'm not saying people with blonde hair shouldn't wear pink blush but on me personally bubblegum pink cheeks is a no-no, it just looks too un-natural.

When the blush arrived in the post, I have to say I was quite disappointed. On first impressions, although I liked the colour, it looked like a plain matte blush I could buy from any high street brand for a fraction of the price. However, when I swatched it on the back of my hand, my opinion was changed. What makes this blush so much better than other blushes I've used is the creamy, almost velvet-like texture. With the lightest swipe of my finger, the pigmentation, texture and consistency are second to none.

After having a swatch, I couldn't wait to see how it looked on my cheeks and again, I wasn't disappointed. As soon as I swept it over my cheeks, my face looked healthy and glowing. The muted peach shade isn't at all over-powering and gives my skin a natural flush of colour. However, I imagine it can be built up if you're into a more bold look or if you have a darker skin tone than me. Its a pretty versatile shade that would suit most skin types. I like the fact its almost matte too (it has a slight sheen) as I prefer to add shimmer to the tops of my cheekbones with highlighter instead of all over with a blush. I only need to dab my brush lightly onto the product to achieve great colour pay-off and the butter soft texture means it blends into the skin flawlessly. I've been applying it with my Real Techniques blush brush for reference. 

When paired with a bronzer and highlight, this blush adds the perfect finishing touch to my cheeks. As I said earlier it brightens up my whole face and I even feel like it gives my face more dimension and structure. If you're into peach-toned blush, look no further and treat yourself to NARS Gina. You can find it here and although its not cheap at £21.50, its totally worth it.


Have you tried NARS Gina? Whats your favourite NARS blush?

Lots of Love,


Couture Girl has been shortlisted for a Cosmopolitan 'Best Established Beauty Blog' award. If you enjoy reading my blog, you can vote for me here - I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment