Autumn Nails


L-R: OPI 'Mauving to Manitoba', OPI 'Pepe's Purple Passion', China Glaze 'Crimson', Rimmel Pro 'Desire', Nails Inc Beauchamp Place, Deborah Lippmann 'Razzle Dazzle' and Orly 'Ruby'. Top coat used on all polishes - Nails Inc Caviar top coat.

Autumn is well and truly here. The nights are darker, the mornings are crisper and the shops are full of wooly jumpers and Autumn coats. Personally - I love it. As much as I love Summer and the warm weather - there's just something so magical about Autumn time. It could be the lead up to Christmas or the cosy nights in snuggled on the sofa that I love so much but either way, I'm a big Autumn fan. There's something quite comforting about it.

Another thing I love about Autumn is the fashion. As I said earlier, the shops are flooded with Autumn attire and I for one can't wait for an Autumn shopping spree. As well as sprucing up my wardrobe, another thing I'll be changing to suit the new season is my nails. I don't know about you but when the seasons change, so do my nails. Long gone are the days of pastels and neon brights - this time of year is all about the deep berry and ruby shades. In my opinion, those kind of shades scream Autumn and they're definitely my favourite to wear at this time of year.

The seven polishes featured in this post are my favourites for Autumn and the shades that will be glued to my fingernails for the foreseeable future. Until we reach Christmas time and I start wearing a lot of red (I know - how cliche of me), I always opt for deep, rich shades like the ones above. Granted you don't need them all and some of you might think they all look the same but if you're after a new Autumn nail polish, I highly recommend you check all of these ones out.

I was originally going to go through each shade and tell you a bit more about them but I figured I'd only keep repeating myself if I did. However, if I were to pick a favourite out of all of the above it'd have to be Rimmel Pro 'Desire' as its the perfect deep burgandy shade with a hint of pink running through it when you catch it in certain lights. Its super glossy and easy to apply as well thanks to the thick brush and opaque formula. One coat of this and I'm good to go - perfect Autumn nails in a flash.

Another shade that is a stand out for me is Deborah Lippmann 'Razzle Dazzle' as this is perfect for layering over other polishes to add a bit of sparkle. Its a beautiful deep pink glitter with a purple base and can be worn alone to create a more bold look (as you can see in my swatch above) or layered over another polish to create a subtle sprakle. I absolutely love wearing this over the Rimmel polish mentioned above and its very festive for the lead up to Christmas too.

I absolutely love all of these polishes and just looking at that painted nail wheel fills me with Autumnal joy. Sad but true.

What's your favourite Autumn nail polish? Do you own any of these shades?

Lots of Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment