Monthly Favourites // August



Apologises for stating the obvious here but its only bloomin' September! Can you believe it? Where on earth is this year going? The evenings are getting darker and The X Factor has started - if that isn't a sign that Autumn and the build up to Christmas are well on there way then I don't know what is. The sunshine will be a thing of the past soon and we'll all be snuggled up in wooly jumpers, freezing our bums off in the snow and getting excited for Santa coming to visit. As much as I love the sunshine, I do love winter and all the festivities that come along with it.

It only feels like only two minutes ago I was sharing my last Monthly Favourites but low and behold another month has past and here's another selection of wonderful products I've been loving lately ...

Bourjois Shine Edition Lipstick | #22 Famous Fuchsia
Ooh you know how I love a lipsitck and this has one from Bourjois Shine Edition range has been on my lips none-stop this month. I bought it on a bit of a whim whilst perusing the Boots website but I'm glad I did as the shade and formula are bloomin' lovely! I chose the shade 'Famous Fuchsia' from the options available as its a pretty berry pink shade - one of my favourite lip colours to wear. I love the formula of this lipstick - its glossy and as the name suggests, gives the lips a high-shine finish. Its almost like a lipstick, lip balm and lipgloss in one as it has decent pigmentation, a moisturising formula and a glossy finish - much like the Revlon Lip Butters. I'll do a full review with swatches soon but I'd recommend having a little look at this range if you're after a new lippie.

VO5 Plump It Up Dry Backcomb Spray*
As a lover of big hair, this product is perfect for giving my mane a bit of va-va-voom. This dry backcomb spray from vo5 is perfect for spritzing on my roots when my hairs feeling a bit limp and lifeless as it doesn't make my hair feel caked in product like a lot of volumising sprays and powders do. I find it to be a mix between a volumising spray and dry shampoo as I often use this if I haven't had chance to wash my hair and it needs refreshing. It soaks up any excess oil nicely and gives my hair a boost of volume - how about that for a double whammy! If you like big Cheryl Cole style hair, I'd definitely recommend checking this out.

Redken Color Extend Radiant 10*
You may of heard me mention in the past that when it comes to my hair, I love a lazy product. By lazy I mean something I can spritz on and leave to work its magic without having to do a great deal. Well, this Redken spray I was recently sent from Fabriah that claims to provide not one, not two but TEN benefits to the hair is exactly that - it does its job without any effort required. It can be sprayed onto damp or dry hair (I use it both ways) and left to do its job, much like a leave-in conditioner. I'm going to review this in full soon so I won't go into too much detail now but I've been really enjoying spritzing this onto my hair daily. I don't see any immediate effects after application but since using it my hair has definitely been softer and more manageable. It smells amazing too which is always a bonus!

Loreal Skin Perfection Micellar Solution
I ran out of my Caudalie Cleansing Water before my recent holiday to Portugal and didn't have time to buy a new one before I went away. As its my favourite skin care product and the one thing I use religiously morning and night, I felt a bit lost without it. They didn't have a Caudalie counter in duty free so I had to settle for something similair that would remove my makeup quickly and effectively. Thats when I spotted the new Skin Perfection micellar solution from Loreal for only £3.33 - such a barain. For that price I knew I had to try it so I picked one up without a second thought. Not expecting it to live up to my beloved Caudalie, I was very pleasently surprised when I first used it to remove my makeup. Just like the bottle claims, it gently dissolves makeup and leaves the skin looking fresh and clean. I'm not going to say too much about this as I'll dedicate a seperate post to it soon but I'm going to put it out there and say I much prefer this to Bioderma and it may well be just as effective as Caudalie. Keep your eye out for my full review!

Barry M Gelly Nail Polish | Greenberry
This Barry M nail polish in the shade 'Greenberry' has been my go-to shade this month. Its quite an unusual colour - somewhere between a mint green and a turquoise but I absolutely love it for adding a pop of colour to my nails. Its one of Barry M's 'gelly' formulas meaning it has a gel like consistency and a high-shine finish. I have to say I wasn't too keen on the formula when I first tried it but its definitely grown on me and although I wore it almost every day while I was in Portugal, it remained chip-free for the whole week. I now need to stock up on some Autumn/Winter shades.

Stila in the Light palette
I've recently re-discovered my love for the Stila in the Light palette and its pretty much all I've used on my eyes for the past couple of months. It comes with ten neutral shades and a mixture of matte and shimmer finishes meaning there's something in there for every eye look I want to create. The texture of the shadows are butter soft and highly pigmented so they're exceptionally easy to blend and work with. I've loved using the light champange shade lately for highlighting my inner corners and brow bone and the two matte brown shades are perfect for creating a simple every day eye look. Another thing I love about this palette is the lightweight packaging as it makes it the perfect item for travelling with. I reviewed it in full here a little while ago if you want to see swatches of all the shades.

Crown Brush C207 Sable Angle Liner*
I've been meaning to feature this brush on my blog for such a long time now as its a staple part of my everyday makeup rountine. For a long time I used the teeny tiny brush that came with my Benefit Brow Zings to fill in my eyebrows but after finding it fiddly and too soft to create a sharp line, I decided to try a proper angled brush that can be used for either eyebrows or eyeliner. I was going to splash out on the MAC 263 Angled Brush but when Crown Brush contacted me and asked if I'd like to try something, I immediately knew I wanted to try their angled brush instead. There's loads of choice on the Crown Brush website and lots of angled brushes but I finally decided on the 'Sable Angle Liner' brush which looks identical to the 263 from MAC. Its works perfectly with my Benefit Brow Zings as it creates a sharp line and when used flat, its the perfect shape for adding definition at the front of my brows. I love it!

Loreal Super Slim Liner*
When I go out for the evening, one product I always wear is liquid liner. There's something very glamorous about a cat-eye style flick and I love to add it to my eyes when I want to take my makeup from day to night. When it comes to choosing a liquid liner, one thing I always look for is a 'felt-tip' style applicator as apposed to a brush style. The main reason for this is quite simply because felt-tip liners are much easier and less messier to apply for a novice like me. This Super Slim liner by Loreal is perfect if like me you aren't the neastest liquid liner applier and need something that will provide control and a precise finish. Its super black too and stays puts all night!

Have you used any of these products? What have you been loving this month?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment