Review // MAC Candy Yum Yum


On my face in the above photo: Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in 'Soft Beige', Rimmel Stay Matte powder, NYX bronzer in 'Medium', Topshop 'Crescent Moon' highlighter, Benefit Brow Zings, Stila in the Light Palette - Kitten on the lid and Sunset along my lower lash line, MAC Smolder eye pencil, Revlon Grow Lucsious Mascara, Loreal Super Slim Liner and Candy Yum Yum.

Oh look, Kayleigh buys another MAC lipstick - what a surprise. The latest black bullet of beauty to make its way into my ever expanding MAC collection is 'Candy Yum Yum', the most bright and daring addition to date. After hearing so much about this once limited edition shade and seeing it look amazing on some of my favourite bloggers and vloggers (I'm looking at you Through Chelsea's Eyes and Its Simply Beauty), I just had to try it for myself. As I'm sure you're all aware by now, I love a bright lip. When it comes to lipsticks, I'm all about the brights. Come rain or shine you'll probably find me wearing a shade of fuschia, berry, tangerine or red. I find bright shades perk up my whole complexion, make me look more awake and give my makeup a more polished look.

As I said, Candy Yum Yum is definitely a daring shade - its a vibrant, almost neon fuchsia pink with a matte finish which makes the colour even more intense. Its definitely not one for those of you who like a neutral lip but if you're like me and love a pop of colour, I'm sure you'd love this shade. I purchased it on my way to Portugal from duty free as it was £11.00 instead of £15.00 (isn't duty free the best?) and I absolutely loved wearing it on my holiday as it looks great with a tan.

As I said, the finish is matte which I have to be honest, isn't my favourite kind of finish. I find matte lipsticks less flattering that creamy, moisturising and glossy ones due to them clinging to dry patches and feeling 'tight' on my lips. However, Candy Yum Yum still has a slight sheen too it, despite the matte formula. Also, if I exfoliate my lips beforehand and add a gloss on top, it combats any dryness nicely.

Overall I'd say this is a really fun lipstick but its very 'out there' so you definitely have to be into brights as there's nothing neutral about it. As I love brights, I think its a stunning shade and when paired with a simple gold eye and cat eye flick like I'm wearing in the photo above (sorry about the pout - its the only photo I could find that shows the true colour of the lipstick), it makes for a beautiful and vibrant look.

Have you tried MAC Candy Yum Yum? 

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment