Currently Loving (A Late Monthly Favourites)

Currently Loving, Monthly Favourites, September Beauty Favourites 2013, Beauty Blog Favourite Products, Beauty Blog Monthly Favourites September 2013

Currently Loving, Monthly Favourites, September Beauty Favourites 2013, Beauty Blog Favourite Products, Beauty Blog Monthly Favourites September 2013 2
For the past few weeks, I have not stopped. You know those times when everything comes as once and you’re suddenly bombarded with a million and one things to do? Well, for the past three weeks, that’s the situation I’ve found myself in. Family occasions, seeing friends, entertaining visitors, attending exercise classes, CBT sessions and blogging, just to name a few. Oh and working forty hours a week just to top it off.

As you can imagine, life has been pretty hectic. Hence the lack of my ‘Monthly Favourites’ post. I usually do a favourites post every single month but September seemed to flash me by so fast that I didn’t even have time to sit down and think about the products I’ve been enjoying at the start of this month. However, things are calming down ever so slightly now (I actually have a free weekend this weekend – bliss!) so I thought I’d show you a few things I’m currently loving. Think of it as a late September favourites if you will. There hasn’t been a huge amount of new things I’ve been trying (again, due to lack of time) but here are a few things that have stood out to me over the past month...

Organic Surge Face Polish*
I have to be honest when I say I don’t spend anywhere near as much time as I should exfoliating my face or my body. I know I should be doing it regularly to get rid of all those grubby dead skin cells (gosh that sounds vile doesn’t it?) but it just isn’t one of those things that’s high on my list of priorities. However, since being sent this face ‘polish’ (doesn’t that sound more appealing than face ‘scrub’), I’ve been adding it into my routine and loving the results. According to the Organic Surge website, "finely ground olive stone gently removes dirt, impurities and dead cells to boost skin rejuvenation. Rosemary and lemon essential oils purify the skin, chamomile and ginkgo biloba soothe and almond oil rehydrates." I have to say I agree with all of these claims as my skin feels squeaky clean after use, a LOT smoother and neither tight or dry. The ground olive stone isn't a harsh exfoliant so it doesn't feel like its scratching my skin and my complexion feels smoother and looks brighter each time I use it. 

Balmi Lip Balm // Raspberry
I’ve tried many lip balms in my beauty loving lifetime but this one would have to be my favourite. A dupe for the infamous ‘eos’ lip balms, Balmi is a cute domed lip balm that comes in a range of brightly coloured packaging and yummy flavours. I have to be honest, when I originally bought it, it was mainly for the novelty concept and the fact the lip balm is domed, unlike your standard lipstick/pot style lip balm. However, since using it regularly, I can officially say I love it not only for the packaging but for the product too. The lip balm contains vitamin E, Shea Butter and Jojoba Oil meaning its very hydrating on the lips and perfect for this time of year when cold weather and chapped lips start to rear their ugly heads. I also find this the perfect product for popping in my bag as its small, compact and so easy to use. It doesn’t require getting fingers messy – just swipe it across your top and bottom lips in one go and you’re done. Hydrated lips in a flash! I believe Balmi have actually changed the design of this product since I bought it and its now square instead of circular. I don’t think I like the new design as much as this one but I imagine the product inside will be just as lovely!

Vichy Idealia Life Serum*

I reviewed this product in full here a little while ago so I won’t ramble on about it too much. However, what I will say is that this new serum from Vichy is its beautiful. Its designed for the everyday woman – those of us who are tired, stressed and have exposed our skin to naughty things like alcohol, late nights and UV rays. If you’re looking to incorporate a serum into your skincare routine and want one that will plump the skin, hydrate and add a healthy glow – this is the one for you. It also comes in a super cute pink bottle, what’s not to love?

Neal and Wolf Intensive Care Treatment*

I received this product in my July Love Me Beauty (formerly Beauteco) box and I was immediately excited to try it. As I use bleach to colour my hair, I’m often on the lookout for leave-in conditioners, hair masks and deep conditioning treatments that will leave my hair soft, manageable and hydrated. This one from Neal and Wolf is called an intensive care treatment but I’d say its more like a thick conditioner as it gets to work straight away and doesn’t need leaving on longer than your average conditioner. However, although it isn’t like your typical hair mask that you’d leave on while having a soak in the bath, it’s just as effective, if not more so. I find my hair is so soft after using this product and it smells incredible. Its just like the scent your hair has when you leave a salon. I love this product so much that I’ve used every last drop from the bottle and I even gave my mum a bottle of it as part of her birthday present. She loves it too! If you’re after something that will leave your hair super soft and smelling incredible, I can’t recommend this product enough.

Melvita Milky Cleansing Oil*

When I first heard of cleansing oils, my first thoughts were ‘there’s no way I can use them, I have combination skin, and surely it will make my oily t-zone even worse’. Oh how wrong I was. I’m now addicted to them, well and truly. All of my cream, lotion and foam cleansers are now a thing of the past and I use an oil cleanser to remove my makeup every single day (well – I try my best, sometimes tiredness/laziness gets the better of me!). This cleanser from Melvita is absolutely amazing and removes every last scrap of my makeup with ease. I apply a couple of pumps directly onto my face and massage the oil around until my makeup has completely melted off. I then add a splash of water to the mix which turns the oil into a milky soothing lotion. When I've rinsed everything off (usually with a face cloth), my skin is completely makeup free, soft and plump. One thing I hate about some skincare products, especially cleansers is that they can leave the skin feeling dry and tight after use but this product has the opposite effect. I'm going to review some of my favourite oil cleansers (including this one) in more detail soon so keep your eyes peeled for that.

NSPA Frangrance // Pure*

When an email arrived in my inbox announcing NSPA had launched a range of fragrances, I was very excited. I was first introduced to NSPA when my mum bought me some of their body products last Christmas. They’re absolutely beautiful products, just as effective as more high-end products I’ve tried and I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews about their skincare line too. On first impressions I was extremely impressed with the packaging of their fragrance. Considering they cost a mere £8 each, the bottles are very chic and remind me of the much pricier Jo Malone fragrances. There's three scents available in the range - Bloom, Orient and Pure. I decided to try 'Pure' as judging by the name I gathered it would be a light and fresh fragrance. I was right with my predictions and its the most beautiful fresh scent for everyday wear. It almost reminds me of freshly cleaned laundry. I'd really recommend giving it a whiff next time you're doing your weekly food shop in ASDA. I love it!


Which products have you been loving lately?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment