My MAC Lipstick Collection

MAC Lipstick Collection, MAC Lipsticks, MAC Lipstick Collection and Swatches, MAC Lipstick Collection Beauty Blog, Couture Girl MAC Lipstick Collection
MAC Lipstick Collection, MAC Lipsticks, MAC Lipstick Collection and Swatches, MAC Lipstick Collection Beauty Blog, Couture Girl MAC Lipstick Collection
MAC Lipstick Collection, MAC Lipsticks, MAC Lipstick Collection and Swatches, MAC Lipstick Collection Beauty Blog, Couture Girl MAC Lipstick Collection
MAC Lipstick Collection, MAC Lipsticks, MAC Lipstick Collection and Swatches, MAC Lipstick Collection Beauty Blog, Couture Girl MAC Lipstick Collection

MAC lipsticks. Need I say more? I think its fairly safe to assume that most of us beauty bloggers and makeup obsessed folk will have heard of, tried or owned one or two MAC lipsticks in our makeup wearing lifetimes. Some of you may own a couple and be suffice but some of you might be completely addicted to these beautiful black bullets of lip goodness. I hold my hands up, I'm one of those people. Yes - send me to lipstick rehab, its a problem.

I still remember getting my first MAC lipstick a few years ago (it was Creme Cup) and I instantly fell in love. From the packaging, formula, name and the way it enhanced my makeup, I was hooked. From that moment on you could say I've built quite the collection of MAC lipsticks - a grand total of nineteen infact, wow. I did have 21 originally but Shy Girl and Snob decided to go walk-a-bouts and never returned. Don't you just hate it when that happens?

I decided it was about time I shared my collection with you guys as I love reading peoples MAC lipstick collection posts myself. I find it helps me get an idea of which shade I'd like to buy next and I generally just like being nosy and seeing what shades people have in their collections. I've split my collection up into three categories below and I've included an overview of each shade (in my opinion - it might not technically be the colour I describe it as), the finish and swatches. Prepare yourselves for a long post but I hope you enjoy ... 

Neutrals/Peach

L-R: Creme Cup, Mellow Mood, Blankety, Fanfare, Hue, Creme d'Nude, Ravishing, Costa Chic

Creme Cup | Shade - Muted Baby Pink | Finish - Cremesheen
Creme Cup was my first ever MAC lipstick and I absolutely love this shade. Its quite pale but I find it doesn't wash me out due to the hint of pink. For me its the perfect neutral pink lip and when paired with a smoky eye it looks beautiful. Very Kim Kardashian.

Mellow Mood (Limited Edition) | Shade - Dusky Pink | Finish - Lustre
I received this as part of the 'Tartan Tale' Christmas collection a couple of years ago and although it isn't my most worn MAC lipstick, its a lovely neutral dusky pink shade that's perfect for everyday wear. The Lustre finish means its quite sheer which again makes it great for everyday wear but it isn't one I'd feel the need to repurchase if it was in the permanent line.

Blankety | Shade - Beige with Peach/Pink undertones | Finish - Amplified Creme 
Blankety is great if you want to wear a neutral lip but don't like very pale nude shades. This is definitely a nude shade but its more on the Beige side of nude with slight pink and peach undertones. Its actually a very versatile lipstick and I think it'd suit most skintones. This is definitely my favourite and most worn nude lipstick from MAC as I find it much more wearable than very pale shades like 'Myth' or 'Creme d Nude' which I'll talk about below.

Fanfare | Shade - Nude Peach | Finish - Cremesheen
If you like peach tones and want a natural looking lipstick for everyday wear, fanfare is the one for you. It isn't a massively hyped lipstick from MAC but its definitely one of my favourite neutral shades. I think it would look beautiful with any skin tone as its very much a 'my lips but better' kind of shade.

Hue | Shade - Classic Nude with Peach undertones | Finish - Glaze
Hue is one of MAC's most popular lipsticks as its a classic nude with a lovely glossy finish. This is definitely my favourite shade if I want a very neutral lip but I can't say I wear it all that often as I'm more into bright lips these days. Its a great everyday shade though if I'm going for a very neutral look.

Creme d'Nude | Shade - A Classic Nude | Finish - Cremesheen
I received this in a Christmas gift set and orginally had high hopes it would be a perfect nude. However, I have to be honest, this isn't one of my favourite lipsticks. I find it far too pale for my skintone and I look a bit lifeless when I wear it. I imagine you'd love this shade if you like the whole 'concealer lips' look but for me its a no-no, I just don't suit this kind of shade. I imagine it would look better with a gloss over the top but I definitely wouldn't repurchase this shade.

Ravishing | Shade - Pale Coral | Finish - Cremesheen
Ravishing is great for the Spring/Summer time as it a perfect peach shade. It isn't too pale but it certainly isn't bright either, somewhere in the middle I'd say. If you're after a true peach shade that is wearable both day and night, Ravishing is the one for you!

Costa Chic | Frosty Coral with Pink undertones | Finish - Frost
This is the only 'Frost' finish in my collection as I'm not keen on the shimmer particles contatined in these lipsticks. There's something a bit too 80's about them for my liking. However, I would say Costa Chic is an exception to my Frost dislike as the beautiful pastel coral shade looks amazing with a tan and although the frost element is there, it doesn't contain chunky glitter and it isn't in your face discoball.

Pinks/Purples

L - R: Please Me, Saint Germain, Pink Noveau, Candy Yum-Yum, Impassioned, Girl About Town, Rebel

Please Me | Shade - Rose Pink | Finish - Matte
Please Me is a beautiful rose pink shade and great for day to day wear. I think I'd prefer this lipstick if it had a creamier finish but I can overlook the matte finish for the pretty shade.

Saint Germain | Shade - Bright Bubblegum Pink | Finish - Amplified Creme
When I first got this lipstick I used to absolutely adore it. However, I now look back at photos of myself wearing it and the bubblegum pink shade is really unflattering on my skintone. I find it makes my teeth look yellow too so this is a no-no for me these days and it sits in my drawer completely unloved.

Pink Noveau | Shade - Bright Pink |Finish - Satin
If you like pink lipsticks, you'll love Pink Noveau. Its a bright Barbie Pink shade and I'd say it falls somewhere between Saint Germain and Candy Yum-Yum as you can see from the photo above. I often forget I have this shade as it isn't one of MAC's most popular lipsticks but this post has reminded me I need to wear it more often.

Candy Yum-Yum | Shade - Bright Neon Pink | Finish - Matte 
Candy Yum-Yum is the most recent addition to my lipstick collection as I only bought it back in August from duty free. Its a very daring and 'out there' shade so you've got to enjoy wearing a bright lip before contemplating this shade. I love bright shades though so this is perfect for me and I find it brightens up my whole face.

Impassioned | Shade - Bright Pink with Orange undertones| Finish - Amplified Creme
Impassioned is definitely one of my favourite MAC lipsticks as I think its such an unusual shade. Its described as an 'amped up Fuchsia' on the MAC website and although it is a bright pink shade, it doesn't have blue undertones like most fuschia lipsticks. This one has orange undertones instead which creates the unusual shade. I find its a mix between a bright pink and a coral - super pretty!

Girl About Town | Shade - Berry Pink with Blue undertones | Finish - Amplified Creme
Girl About Town is my favourite MAC lipstick, without a doubt. The shade is somewhere betweena Fuchsia Pink and Berry and its the most flattering lipstick I've ever worn. Its super pigmented, the formula is lovely and creamy and it has very strong blue undertones that make my teeth look really white. I don't have a bad work to say about this lipstick. You all need it in your life!

Rebel | Shade - Plum with Berry Pink undertones | Finish - Satin
Rebel is my favourite MAC lipstick for the Autumn and Winter due to the deep plum shade. It isn't one I'd be brave enough to wear on a day to day basis as its quite dark but for nights out its the perfect for creating a sultry and vampy look.

Reds/Oranges


L-R: Lady Danger, Morange, Sail La Vie, MAC Red

Lady Danger | Shade - Bright Orange Red | Finish - Matte
Lady Danger is up there with GAT as one of my all time favourite MAC lipsticks. I love any shade that has a mix of orange and red as I think its such an interesting shade and it suits my skintone more than a classic red. I love wearing this lipstick in A/W and its another one that brightens up my whole face when I wear it.

Morange | Shade - Bright Neon Orange | Finish - Amplified Creme
Morange is my ultimate Summer lipstick. The vibrant neon Orange shade is perfect throughout the Summer months and it looks amazing with a tan. This is definitely my go-to lipstick when I'm away on holiday.

Sail La Vie (Limited Edition) | Shade - Orange Red | Finish - Satin
I got this shade from the 'Hey Sailor' collection last year and I absolutely love it. Its a mix between Lady Danger and Morange as its a bright orange with hints of red. It has a lovely satin finish, making it more comfortable on the lips than Lady Danger which is matte. I'd love to see this shade brought into the permanent line!

MAC Red | Shade - A Classic Red | Finish - Satin
MAC Red is what I like to call my Christmas shade. Its the perfect 'post box' red and although I prefer orange toned reds, I do like wearing this from time to time when I want to go for an elegant and sophisticated look. As I said, its perfect for Christmas time too and I always feel festive whilst wearing it.

So there we have it, my MAC lipstick collection. As you can see, Cremesheen and Amplified Creme are definitely my favourite finishes as I find them very pigmented and exceptionally moisturing which are the two things I look for in a lipstick. I really hope you enjoyed seeing which shades I have and perhaps this post has added a few new shades to your wishlist. I'd love to know what your favourite shades are too - I need recommendations for my TWENTIETH MAC lipstick. Oooh, what a milestone. I told you - addicted.

Do you like MAC lipsticks as much as I do? What's your favourite shade?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment