Loreal Infalible Eyeshadow // Sahara Treasure

Loreal Infalible Eyeshadow Sahara Treasure Review
Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow Review 2
Loreal Infalible Eyeshadow 2
Loreal Infalible Eyeshadow Swatch 2

Loreal Infalible Eyeshadows | Sahara Treasure | £6.99 | Link 

After hearing a few of my favourite bloggers raving about the Loreal Infalible eyeshadows - I just couldn't resist any longer and had to pick one up to try for myself. After looking at some swatches online, I decided to go for the shade 'Sahara Tresure' as it looked like a good neutral shade that could be worn on an everyday basis and it also reminded me of MAC 'Woodwinked' which is my favourite eyeshadow of all time. 

Firstly I absolutely love the packaging of this product - the cute plastic jar with screw top lid is so pretty and although this product is called an eyeshadow, I'd say its more like a pressed pigment. When I first swatched it on the back of my hand, I was absolutely blown away by the pigmentation. I kid you not, its like liquid metal. I hope you can see just how pigmented it is from my swatch above. I was also right about the Woodwinked comparison - the shade and metallic finish are almost identical.

Now although I thought the pigmentation was absolutely incredible from the swatch on my hand, I have to say I wasn't quite so impressed when I applied this to my lid. I found it came out quite chunky and uneven at first and it required a lot of blending. I'm not sure if its the brush I was using or whether I didn't use enough but I definitely wasn't thrilled with the results. However, I did try applying it with my finger before blending with a brush and this technique seemed to work much better for me. 

I have to say I'm a little disappointed with this. I wanted to really love it after all the hype I've read but for me personally, it didn't live up to expectations. Don't get me wrong, I'll still use this product as the colour is beautiful but in terms of texture and application when applied to the lid, I just can't get it to work as well as I'd like. It certainly doesn't compare to my MAC Woodwinked either - the colour is definitely similair but the texture is miles apart. I probably would give another one of these eyeshadows a try as I'm curious to see if its perhaps just this shade thats the problem. If you've tried this shade in particular, let me know what you think as I'd love to know if anyone else found it quite chunky and glittery too.

Sorry for the pretty negative review today guys - I'm really disappointed I haven't fallen in love with this product as I had high hopes for it! Oh well - you win some and you lose some I guess?

Have you tried the Loreal Infalible eyeshadows? What do you think of them?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment