Tartan Lust List

Screen shot 2013-11-09 at 13.39.50


Tartan Shift Dress - In Love With Fashion // Tartan Pinafore Dress - Miss Selfridge // Tartan Scarf - New Look // Tartan Dress - Dorothy Perkins

This A/W, the biggest trend around has got to be tartan. Everywhere I turn, I'm seeing tartan prints and more and more things I want to get my mitts on. Tartan was never a trend I thought I'd dip my toes into but since buying a tartan dress from Primark (which I'll be featuring in an ootd post soon), I've become a bit obsessed and have fallen head over heels for all things tartan! Wow, can I say tartan one more time? I thought I'd show you a few things I'm currently lusting after as it might give you a bit of inspiration if you want to add some tartan to your wardrobe and don't  know where to start.

First up is this shift dress from In Love with Fashion. I absolutely love this website (seriously, I want everything they stock) and this shift dress is one of them. I really love shift dresses as they're so easy to wear and hide a multitude of sins. If you're conscious of your stomach/hips or bum area, this is the style to go for. It will skim the body nicely and paired with some thick tights, ankle boots and a snuggly coat, it will make the perfect winter outfit. 

Next up is this pinafore from Miss Selfridge and its probably the most daring piece of the bunch I've picked but I love it nonetheless - its so cute! I think this would look amazing paired with a black t-shirt, a long sleeved top or even a blouse. The amount of different looks I could create with this are endless and I think it would work well in both the daytime and evening. Such a versatile piece and I think my wardrobe needs this in it.

Next up is this super cute tartan scarf from New Look which is a great piece to go for if you want to incorporate some tartan into your wardrobe but aren't brave enough to wear a piece of tartan clothing. I actually spotted a scarf similar to this in Primark a couple of months ago and I'm now kicking myself for not getting it because when I went back they were all gone. Typical! This one from New Look is just as lovely though and I don't mind paying a couple of pounds extra for something that will keep me snug throughout the winter months.

Lastly is this dress from Dorothy Perkins and I think this is my favourite of the bunch. I absolutely love the fitted style and the subtle tartan print. I think this would look absolutely gorgeous in the evening or even for work and again its a great one to go for if you're a bit scared of the tartan trend as it isn't quite so in your face. Unfortunately this is sold out in my size on the Dorothy Perkins website (one again - so blimmin typical!) but I'm going to have to go and hunt it down in store because I absolutely love it!

So there we have it, a few tartan bits and pieces I'm hoping to get my mitts on. Writing this post has made me want all of them even more than I did before. Oops, sorry bank card - I know you must hate me!

Do you like the tartan trend? What do you think of the items I've picked?

Lots of Love,


If you'd like to advertise on my blog in December, you can find all information about my advertising packages here.

No comments:

Post a Comment