The Primark Tartan Dress

Tartan Dress

Hey everyone! I hope you're all well and have had a lovely weekend! I've been off work for the past week and have had such a lovely time relaxing so its safe to say I'm not looking forward to going back to the grind tomorrow I'm also not feeling very well today which is a rubbish way to end my holiday. Hopefully a nice hot bubble bath, my fleecy pj's and a cup of tea will help though - that's my plan after writing this post. As I'm not feeling great and my head is pounding - I decided it'd be best to quickly share an outfit post instead of writing up an in depth beauty review - I'll save that for when I'm feeling a bit perkier and can string a sentence together properly.

Anyway, enough complaining from me and back to the outfit. If you read my tartan lust list post here you'll probably know I'm currently loving the whole tartan trend and have embraced it with open arms. If someone told me I'd be buying tartan print clothing this time last year I'd have probably laughed and told them not to be so silly - its just one of those prints I've ever considered 'fashionable'. However, times change and so do trends and tartan is now considered the 'in thing' to be wearing this season.

I'm definitely no fashionista but after seeing some of my favourite fashion bloggers wearing tartan prints, I decided I needed in on the trend ASAP and headed straight to Primark to see what they had to offer. Primark is always a great place to turn to if you want to try a trend without spending a fortune in the likes of Topshop or Zara. As I expected, Primark didn't disappoint and there was tartan prints scattered all around the store. This cute little dress caught my eye straight away and I figured it would be a good piece to wear in the daytime or evening so I popped it in my basket and headed to the checkout.

I must admit, since trying it on at home, I'm still unsure about it. I popped it on in the photos above before going out for dinner with a friend but soon got changed as I'm not sure the shape of this dress is the most flattering I've ever worn. Its fitted around the bust area and then hangs loose - like a smock dress I suppose? I really love the print and the cute collar with black bow but I feel like it hides any shape I have instead of emphasising my best bits. After looking at these photos I think I'd be more likely to wear this dress during the day with thick tights, ankle boots, a scarf and a leather jacket as I think baggy styles are more forgiving during the day when I want to look casual. For evenings out though, I think I'll stick to more flattering shapes!

What do you think of this dress? Do you think it'd work better as a casual look?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment