Soap & Glory What's Nude Eyeshadow Palette

Soap and Glory Eyeshadow Palette 3
Soap and Glory Eyeshadow Palette 4
Soap and Glory Eyeshadow Palette 2
Soap and Glory Eyeshadow Palette 5

When it comes to eyeshadow, I'm a neutrals girl through and through. Some of you might think its the boring and safe choice but for me, neutrals are classic, elegant and can take your look from day to night. My signature eye look is a shimmery metallic neutral on the lid (think Woodwinked by MAC), a matte brown or black through the crease depending on how dramatic I want the look to be and a pearly champagne highlight on my brown bones and the inner corners of my eye. Its the combination I always find myself coming back to and I never get bored of it. Its so versatile and as I'm more adventurous with my lipstick choices, it matches any crazy lip colour I want to pair it with.

I'm also a total sucker for neutral eyeshadow palettes and as soon as I hear those two words put together - I'm all over it! My Urban Decay Naked palette (who else NEEDS the third one?) and MAC neutrals palette are treasured items in my makeup collection and although I'll probably never use all the neutral shades I own, a girl can never have too many right? With this being said, as soon as I saw the Soap & Glory Lid Stuff palette in the shade 'What's Nude?', I knew it had to be mine. It also helped that Boots had a 2 for £15 offer across all S&G products - an offer too good to resist I might add.

What's Nude is a quad eyeshadow palette consisting of three matte and one metallic finish eyeshadows - all of which compliment and work together perfectly. Vanilla is a matte ivory shade and this one is great for popping on the inner corner of the eye to wake my face up or all over the lid as a base. I have to say I normally prefer my highlight eyeshadows to have a pearlescent finish but this one makess a nice change if I want a more subtle look. Pink T and Mudhoney are the other two matte shades in the palette - a muted beige/pink shade and a mid-tone chocolate brown. Both of these shades are great for adding definition to the crease and Pink T is lovely swiped all over the lid too. Mudhoney is also a great shade to use on eyebrows and is an excellent dupe for MAC Espresso.

Another MAC dupe and the only metallic eyeshadow in the palette is Aubersheen (best name ever) and this really reminds me of MAC's 'Satin Taupe'. Its a beautiful shade with hints of taupe, golden brown, pink and even purple running through it. Its more on the Aubergiene side that Satin Taupe, hence the name but its a beautiful shade and looks perfect all over the lid with Vanilla in the inner corners and Pink T and Mudhoney blended into the crease. A perfect little neutral eyeshadow combo in a handy travel friendly quad. I love it!

I also have to point out that these eyeshadows are buttery soft, extrememely pigmented and they blend very well. They're definitely compareable to more high-end eyeshadows I've tried so for only £10.00, its a massive bargain and something I'd recommend trying if you're a neutrals gal like me! There's three available to buy here including a smokey option appropriately named 'Smokey Dokey' and a colourful option called 'Off the Wallflowers' if you're a bit more daring than I am. 

P.S - Sorry for the lack of photo of the front of the palette. It has metallic gold lettering on it so it was a little swine to photograph and just ended up looking rubbish. I do love  the pakacing though (the S&G sign printed onto 'Pink T' eyeshadow is a nice touch) and there's plenty of images on Google if you want to see the packaging in more detail.

Have you tried any of the Soap & Glory eyeshadow palettes? 
Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment