Haul | Boots Bits & Bobs

Boots Beauty Haul
Boots Beauty Haul 2

Rimmel Scandal Eyes
Rimmel Scandal Eyes 2

I was planning on posting another '2013 favourites' post today (I've still got my favourite hair, skin and body care products to share with you all) but I don't want to bore you with too many of those posts all at once so I thought I'd break things up a bit with a little haul and I'll be back with the faves over the weekend. So, this is what happens when I need to buy some new conditioner from Boots. I end up buying more things that I didn't really need but couldn't resist. Brilliant willpower there Kayleigh - well done on spending unneccessary money yet again.

As I said, I needed some more conditioner and as I have long, thick hair and go through conditioner like there's no tomorrow, I decided to buy a couple of large bottles in the hope they'd last me for longer than a week. I bought V05 'Give Me Moisture' conditioner which is a repurchase for me as its one of the only conditioners that actually detangles my knotty mane. Actually, while I'm on this topic, do any of you know of any miracles for detangling hair? My hair is like a ball of tangles after I've washed it and I'm desperate to find something that will prevent me having to sit detangling my hair for a good 30 minutes after getting out of the shower. As well as V05, I also picked up the Herbal Esssences 'Bee Strong' conditioner as I've heard good thing about it and its also promoted by Nicole Scherzinger who has 'Schamazing' hair and is a good advert for the brand. I'm an advertisers dream I swear - stick a celebrity on the bottle and I'm all over it.

I also decided to try the Una Brennan Vitamin C+ Brighten Cleansing Oil (currently on sale at Boots) as cleansing oils are my preffered method of cleansing and I've heard good things about the Una Brennan range. The only thing I'm not impressed with is the packaging (no pump) so I'm hoping I can figure out a way to use it without it spilling everywhere. If any of you know of a pump I can buy that will fit on this bottle, let me know.

My favourite purchase of the bunch and one that I'm so excited about is the Yankee candle as its the first one I've ever bought! Every time I go shopping, I always spend a good chunk of my day sniffing all the Yankee candles in WHsmith (I know, weirdo!) and although I'm not keen on spending a lot of money on candles, I had a bit of Christmas money to spend so thought, why not? I went for the scent 'Clean Cotton' which is definitely the best one I've smelt yet as it smells exactly like you'd image, clean and fresh. I love the smell of fresh laundry so I've been loving burning this for the past few nights in my living room - there's nothing better than a fresh scent filling the room! The size I bought is one of the regular tumblers as I couldn't jusity spending £19.00 on one of the large jars - even though I was tempted!

Finally, I picked up two products that I've wanted to try for a long time from the Rimmel 'Scandal Eyes' range. I bought one of the Shadow Paints in the shade 'Golden Bronze' which is a liquid metallic eyeshadow (I'm very intrigued by this one) and one of the Shadow Sticks in the shade 'Bulletproof Beige' which I thouht would be nice to use in the innter corners of my eye and under my brow bone. They're both products that are unlike anything else in my collection and I've heard good things about them both from other bloggers. However, its just my luck that when I got home from Boots and after taking these photos, I realised that the shadow stick was actually snapped when I bought it so when I came to do a swatch, the top of the crayon fell clean off. I'm hoping I'll be able to sharpen it so I can still use it but seriously, how annoying is that? Boo!

So there we have it - some of my most recent beauty purchases! I've also picked up a few things from MAC, a new hairbrush and the famous Ben Nye Banana powder so keep your eyes peeled for reviews of all of these things! If there's anything inparticular here that you'd like to know more about, let me know in the comments below.

Have you bought anything from Boots recently? Have you tried any of these products?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment