My 2013 Makeup Favourites

2013 Makeup Favourites
2013 Beauty Favourites


My Bloglovin news feed is full of '2013 favourites' posts at the moment so it was only right I got involved myself - I hope you don't mind adding another one of these posts to your reading list. Favourites posts are one of my 'favourite' (no pun intended) to read as I love seeing which products have caught peoples attention and it also gives me ideas for things I'd like to pop onto my wish list. With this being said, you can imagine how much I'm loving all of the 2013 favourites posts - a big summary of everyones favourite products of the year, not just that month. I'm pretty sure if a product is featured in a yearly favourites post, it has to be up there with 'holy grail' status.

I've decided to split my yearly favourites into a few different categories as there's no way all of the products I've loved in 2013 could be squeezed into one post - unless you want to be sat here reading it until 2015 of course? No, I didn't think so. First up is my makeup favourites and this one was definitely the hardest to put together. There's so many products I've been loving for the past year but I wanted to be really selective and only choose one thing from each category so one foundation, one concealer, one powder and so on. Otherwise, I'd just be here all day reeling off lists of products that have impressed me. With this being said, you can be rest assured that all of the products featured in this post have been products that have really impressed me and that I've been loving over 2013. So without further ado, here they are ...

2013 Foundation Favourite, NARS Sheer Glow, 2013 Beauty Favourites

Favourite Foundation: NARS Sheer Glow


I never thought I'd find a foundation that ticks so many boxes but NARS Sheer Glow has done it. With a great colour range (I'm Fiji for reference), medium to full coverage, a radiant finish (not glowy as the name states but not matte either) and long lasting, what more could I ask for? Well, if I had to me picky, I'd like it to be cheaper than its £30+ price tag but hey, you get what you pay for I guess! I've absolutely loved wearing this foundation in 2013 and I can't see myself jumping ship to anything else anytime soon. Read my full review here.

2013 Concealer Favourite, Seventeen Phwooar Paint Concealer, 2013 Beauty Favourites

Favourite Concealer: Seventeen Phwoarr Paint


A more recent discovery for me but as I've used it none-stop since purchasing it a few months ago, I thought it deserved its place in my 2013 favourites anyway. This concealer works wonders on my dark circles - its full-duty without being cakey and as I purchased the lightest shade available, it really helps to brighten up my whole under eye area. I haven't done a full review of this yet but its been on my 'to-do' list for quite some time so keep your eyes peeled for that.

2013 Highlighting Favourite, YSL Touche Eclat, 2013 Beauty Favourites

Favourite Illuminating/Multi-Purpose Product: YSL Touche Eclat


When I first got this product, I didn't really get it. Yes I liked it for its brightening and illuminating properties but I didn't see what was so amazing about it or why it receives such praise in the beauty industry. However, since then I've used it almost every single day and on the days I haven't used it, I've noticed a big difference. This bad boy completely brightens up my whole face and I love how multi-purpose it is too. I've been using this under my eyes to brighten dark circles and on areas of my face where I want to add extra light such as my cheekbones, brow bones and down the centre of my nose. Its a pricey product but a great one for adding that finishing touch to my makeup. The only thing I would say is that L'oreal do a great dupe of this with their Lumi Magique highlighting pen so I'd recommend giving that one a try first before splurging on YSL. Read my full review here.

2013 Powder Favourite, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, 2013 Beauty Favourites

Favourite Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Powder


Since discovering Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 2013, I haven't looked back. Considering this costs less than £5, its taken over from the likes of MAC mineralize skinfinish natural in my makeup collection. The translucent powder is fab for popping on over my foundation to set my makeup and keep shine at bay. Read my full review here.


2013 Bronzer Favourite, NARS Lagune Bronzer, 2013 Beauty Favourites

Favourite Bronzer: NARS Laguna


Oh, no surprises here then. I've raved about this product so much on my blog that I really don't think I need to say much as you've probably heard it all before. Seriously though, this bronzer is perfect for me and my skin tone and I don't think anything will ever come close to it, let alone beat it as my favourite bronzer. Its the perfect shade for my pale skin as it adds a warm glow to my complexion without making it look muddy or orange - its very natural. Its also great to use as a contour as it doesn't contain any shimmer. It isn't completely matte though so it doesn't look flat on the rest of my face - it has a slight gold sheen that makes my skin look glowing and healthy. Can you tell its love? Read my full review here

2013Brow Favourite, HD Brow Palette, 2013 Beauty Favourites

Favourite Brow Product: HD Brows Palette


Considering I only got this in November as part of my Latest in Beauty Glamour box, its already topped my list as favourite brow product of 2013. Before using this I was using Benefit Brow Zings and although I still like it, the HD Brow palette in the shade 'Foxy' has blown it out of the water. The powders are so pigmented and the Ash shade in the palette (bottom right) which I've been using every day is the perfect match for my brows. Its very natural looking and has no orange or red tones which is why I love it so much. Read my full review here.

2013 Eyeshadow Palette Favourite, Stila In the Light Palette, 2013 Beauty Favourites

Favourite Eyeshadow/Palette: Stila In the Light Palette

As much as I love my Urban Decay NAKED palette and MAC palette, my most used eyeshadows in 2013 would definitely be these beauties from the Stila in the Light palette. These shadows are absolutely beautiful - very creamy, pigmented and long lasting. All of the shades are right up my street too and there isn't one colour I don't use - well, apart from the dark metallic grey. I also love that there's a mix of metallic, matte and glittery shades so I can create a good range of looks with it. I find myself reaching for this during the day and using the matte shades but also for a night out where I'll add a couple of the metallic shades to the mix. I also adore using the champagne shade in the inner corners of my eye and on my brow bone. Its just a great versatile palette and great for travelling with as the packaging is so lightweight. It was my palette of choice for both of my holidays in the Summer! Love, love, love, love, love it! Read my full review here.

2013 Eyeliner, Mascara and Liquid Liner Favourite, 2013 Beauty Favourites

Favourite Pencil Liner: MAC Smolder


If you want a pencil liner that's creamy and blacker than black, look no further than MAC Smolder. Its been my favourite eyeliner to use on my waterline for years and I wear it every time I do my makeup. I know some people don't get along with it as they find it smudges but I don't seem to have that problem - I love it and its definitely a holy grail item that I'll continue to repurchase.

Favourite Liquid Liner: L'Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim


I don't wear liquid liner on a day to day basis as I find it can make me look a bit too overdone but for a night out, its a must have. The super slim liner has been my favourite of 2013 as its really black, has great pigmentation and is so easy to use. The fine 'nib' (if that's what its even called) is great for detailed application and the felt tip style applicator makes it so easy to use. Its really is foolproof! Its really long lasting too which is another bonus!

Favourite Mascara: Sleek Lethal Length Mascara


I don't typically liked mascaras with plastic wands but this one from Sleek has really impressed me. It curls and thickens my lashes without being clumpy or flaky and its really black too. I also like the way the wand has lots of small bristles as I can really get into the corner of my lashes with it.

2013 Lipstick Favourite, YSL Le Orange Lipstick, 2013 Beauty Favourites



Okay so this was a tough choice for me as I'm sure you're all aware that I'm a total lipstick junkie. I dread to think how many I have but lets just say its ridiculous and picking one was very tough indeed. However, I eventually settled on a lipstick I've worn a lot in 2013 and one that I've loved wearing in both Summer and Winter - YSL 'Le Orange' from their Rouge Pur Couture range. Everything about this lipstick is stunning. From the gold packaging to the vibrant orange/red shade and the highly pigmented and glossy finish and I can't get enough of it. As soon as I put it on it brightens up my whole face and I find the colour very versatile for all year round. It was one of my most worn lipsticks on my holidays in the Summer (it looks great with a tan) and its been my lipstick of choice over the Christmas period. Although its an expensive lipstick, I won't think twice about repurchasing it. Read my full review here.

2013 Lip balm and Lipgloss Favourite, Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector and Balmi Lip Balm, 2013 Beauty Favourites

Favourite Lip Balm: Raspberry Balmi

I've really got into lip balm over the past twelve months and I've built up quite the collection of them. I love popping a lip balm on before bed as the final step in my skincare routine and I also love keeping them in my handbag so I can slick one on and keep my lips hydrated throughout the day. My favourite lip balm that I use all the time has got to be my Balmi. The cute domed shape makes it perfect for quickly popping on when I'm on the go and the Raspberry flavour also smells and tastes delicious. I definitely need to add a few more of these to my collection.



I love the Clarins lip perfectors as they're lovely worn alone on a day to day basis or on top of my favourite lipsticks as they have a lovely none-sticky texture. They have a gel like consistency which feels very creamy, smooth and moisturising on the lips. Lovely!

So there we have it, my favourite makeup products of 2013! As I said - there's so many more I could have included but I didn't want this post to be any longer than it already is and I'm sure you can flick back through my monthly favourites posts if you want to know about the other products that have impressed me. I'd also like to point out that my favourite highlighter of 2013 would be Topshop Crescent Moon but I didn't have it will me to photograph. Its the one I used most last year but if I had to pick my ultimate favourite, which I recently got for Christmas, it would be MAC Soft & Gentle without a doubt!

What were your favourite products to use last year? Leave your links below if you've done one of these posts as I'd love to read them!

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment