Better than Bioderma? Garnier Micellar Water

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, Micellar Solution, Micellar Water, Micellar Cleansing Water, Bioderma Dupe, Garnier Bioderma Dupe
Micellar cleansing water review
Garnier cleansing water review 2
garnier cleansing water review 3

The latest addition to my Micellar water line up is from Garnier and I have to say, I think its my favourite so far. I'm sure you've all heard of micellar waters by now - Bioderma kicked off the trend and the whole beauty world went mad for it. Just incase you don't know anything about it - its a water solution that contains something (don't ask me about science) that breaks down makeup. I guess its a fancy name for a makeup remover but unlike traditional removers that can contain harsh ingredients, micellar waters are very gentle yet just as effective which is why I love them so much. I've built up quite the collection of them over the past couple of years and I tend to use them to remove the majority of my makeup before doing a proper cleanser with a face cloth. 

Garnier's Micellar Cleansing water caught my eye on a recent trip to Superdrug  due to its cute pink lid and its ginormous size. Its a 400ml bottle which is only 100ml less than a bottle of Bioderma yet its so much cheaper. I picked it up for only £4.99 which is such a great bargain and much cheaper than other micellar waters out there that serve the exact same purpose. I've been using it for over a month now so I think I've given it a good enough trial to warrant my review. Firstly, as I briefly mentioned, I love the packaging - its very sleek and I especially love the pink lid - its so girly and cute. I also love how the product is dispensed from the cap - it doesn't come out too quickly like the Loreal cleansing water and its actually very similair in style to Biodera - just slightly taller.

Secondly, this stuff works exceptionally well. I've been soaking a cotton pad with it and swiping it across my face - mainly concentrating on my eye area to remove any stubborn eyeliner and mascara. It melts my makeup away in a matter of seconds and is very gentle on the skin. It doesn't have much of a fragrance which I like and I find my complexion is soothed and fresh looking after using it. There's not a great deal more I can say about this as its quite a simple product that's great to use as pre-cleanse (or when you're feeling a bit lazy) and it does exactly what it says on the tin. Its definitely my favourite micellar water so far - I've got no complaints. I definitely prefer it to Bioderma which is great as its much cheaper! The huge bottle will also last me a really long time.


Have you tried the Garnier Cleansing Water? What's your favourite micellar water?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment