Monthly Favourites | January

January Favourites 2014, Monthly Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blogger Favourites

Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a fabulous weekend so far? I can't believe we're already over a week into the month of February - where is time going? It only feels like five minutes ago it was Christmas. However, I can't say I'm complaining as January is never a particularly fun month and I'm looking forward to a few things in February so I'm welcoming it with open arms. One good thing that did come from January was getting to try lots of new beauty goodies - a mixture of things I received for Christmas and a few things I was very kindly sent. I feel like I've tried a lot of products that have impressed me lately so I was very excited to look through all the new bits I've been trying and pick my favourites for this post. It was a pretty tough choice but I managed to narrow it down to eight products that have really stood out to me throughout January and have become an essential part of my beauty routine. There's a mixture of hair, skincare, makeup and even a fragrance so keep reading to find out more ...

Herbal Essences Bee Strong Conditioner

Herbal Essances 'Bee Strong' Conditioner | Link
If you read my blog regularly, I'm sure you've heard me mention that my hair gets really tanged after washing it and no conditioners, not even high-end ones, can tame it. However, after Nicole Scherzingers pretty face tempted me to try the Herbal Essances 'Bee Strong' conditioner, I can now confirm that I've found one that actually detangles my hair and leaves it silky soft. The Honey & Apricot extracts also make my hair smell utterly amazing and the price just can't be beaten either. For a whopping 400ml bottle, this conditioner costs less than £4. I think I'm going to buy the whole range next time to see how everything works together - the intensive mask in particular has me intrigued! 

Benefit Porefessional Shine-vanishing PRO Powder

Benefit Porefessional Shine Vanishing Pro Powder* | Link
Before Christmas, Benefit released a loose powder to accompany their bestselling Porefessional primer (which I'll be talking about next) and I've really enjoyed using it ever since. At first I thought it would just be a bog standard loose powder in fancy packaging but I was totally wrong and this is definitely one of the best, if not the absolute best powder I've ever tried. As someone with an oily t-zone, its really important for me to set my foundation with a powder to reduce the chance of looking like an oil slick halfway through the day (nice thought for you all there). With this help of this powder, my face stays shine free for the majority of the day and it also blurs imperfections and creates a smooth, shine-free flawless finish. I wrote a full review on it here if you want to know more. The only downside of this one for me is the steep price tag!

Benefit Porefessional Primer

Benefit Porefessional Primer | Link
Continuing with the Benefit Porefessional theme, another product I've been loving lately is Benefit's original Porefessional primer. My lovely other half bought me this as a Christmas present and I've been loving using it beneath my foundation ever since. I'd read lots of good reviews about this and its totally lived up to them - it smooths the texture of my skin, reduces  the appearance of pores and imperfections and just generally makes my makeup look better. I'm not sure if it helps my makeup last longer than it normally would but that's not the reason I wanted to try it anyway. I mainly wanted it for its smoothing and 'pore-blurring' effect and it does that brilliantly! I'll post a full review on this soon.

L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Hand Cream

L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Hand Cream* | Link
I've grown really fond of L'Occitane products recently after being sent some of their hand creams to try and also receiving a skincare gift set from my dad for Christmas. I think all of their products are exceptionally luxurious and really high quality so although they're pricey, you get what you pay for. I never used to get the hype surrounding hand creams but recently, I've become utterly obsessed with them and rarely leave the house without one stashed in my handbag. This Cherry Blosson hand cream from L'Occitane has been at the top of my hand cream list recently as the non-sticky formula is perfect when I'm in a rush and the Cherry scent is just incredible. I can't stop slathering it all over my hands and I'm definitely going to repurchase when it runs out - the 30ml tube is perfect handbag size!

Origins Gin Zing Moisturiser Monthly Favourites

Origins Gin Zing Moisturiser | Link
I'm planning on posting my full review of this product within the next few days so I won't say too much about it other than its been my day time moisturiser of choice ever since I received it as a gift for Christmas. Its light, oil-free, brightening and refreshing on my skin and I can't get enough of it. I love the bright orange packaging too and just to top it off, it smells like fresh oranges! Divine!

Jimmy Choo Flash London Club Perfume

Jimmy Choo Flash London Club Perfume* | Link (on sale at Debenhams)
This new fragrance from Jimmy Choo has been my go-to scent this month and every time I spot the beautifully designed bottle on my dressing table, I have to give myself a spritz with me. Its such a lovely fragrance and really versatile too - it has a mix of musky and citrus scents so its a good all rounder and can be worn day or night. I always feel very sophisticated wearing it and the scent lasts for a long time too. I wrote a post all about it here if you fancy having a read!

Rimmel 'As you like Victoria' Moisture Renew Lipstick

Rimmel 'As You Want Victoria' Moisturise Renew Lipstick | Link (on sale at ASOS)
If you read my blog regularly, you'll probably know that I'm pretty obsessed with wearing berry pink shades on my lips. I find its the perfect shade for my complexion and every time I'm wearing it, I feel ten times more confident! The latest lipstick to be added to my berry pink line up is this Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in the shade 'As you want Victoria'. Again, I got this as a Christmas present and I was so excited to give it a try as I'd heard nothing but good things about the moisture renew range. All of the good things I'd heard were completely true as this is a stunning lipstick. Intensely pigmented, moisturising and glossy - its perfect! I'll post a full review of this beauty with more photos and swatches soon!

MAC Soft & Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish

MAC Soft & Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish | Link
I recently wrote a full review on this product so I'm not going to repeat myself  as you can find out why I love it so much here but to summarise, its the perfect highlighter for creating that dewy healthy look. I apply it to my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose and a light dusting on my forehead every day and it finishes my makeup off perfectly. Its definitely one of my makeup bag staples and something everyone needs to try!

January Favourites 2014, Monthly Favourites 2014, Beauty Blogger Favourites
Which products have you been loving lately? Have you tried any of these ones?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment