Review | Origins Gin Zing Moisturiser

Origins Gin Zing Moisturiser, Origins Skincare, Origins
Origins Gin Zing Moisturiser, Origins Skincare, Origins,
Origins Gin Zing Moisturiser, Origins Skincare, Origins,
Origins Gin Zing Moisturiser, Origins Skincare, Origins,

Origins Gin Zing Moisturiser | £23.00 | Link

When it comes to skincare, Origins would have to be one of my favourite brands. I've been seriously impressed by their face masks and moisturisers so when I heard they'd released a new moisturiser named 'GinZing' that promises to energise tierd looking skin, I couldn't wait to give it a try. It went straight on my wish list the day it was released but as I already had other mositurisers I was using at the time, I decided I could wait until Christmas to get it as a gift or with some of my Christmas money. I unwrapped it on Christmas morning from my other half (he's a good en for listening to my beauty rambles) and I've been using it every day since. I'm utterly in love with the stuff.

Before deciding whether I wanted to try this moisturiser, I did a lot of research and read a tonne of other bloggers reviews to see whether it was something that would suit my skin type. The reason I was quite cautious of buying it without doing my research first is because I bought the Gin Zing eye cream on a whim and wasn't blown away by it due to its shimmery finish. I was hoping the moisturiser would have a different formula, depsite the two products having the same name and bright orange packaging. Thankfully the moisturiser contains no shimmer at all and instead its a white lotion that has a gel like texture and almost looks like wobbly jelly in the pot.

One thing I'd read on almost every review of this product is that it smells like fresh Oranges and as I'm mad about citrus scents, I think thats one of the main reasons I originally wanted to try it in the first place. I find citrus scented products so energising (think Sugar Crush from Soap and Glory) and having tried the Origins 'Night-a-mins' moisturiser which also smells like Oranges, I knew it would smell just as delicious. I wasn't wrong and I have to say, it smells bloomin amazing. I actually look forward to putting it on my face each morning as it instantly makes me and my skin feel revitalised! As well as smelling yummy, I also love the lightweight texture and think its the perfect moisturiser for day time wear. The oil-free formula is a bonus too as its perfect for my combination skin and gives me just the right amount of moisture without feeling heavy or making my t-zone look oily. I also find it really brightens up my whole face and gives me a really healthy looking glow. I think that's thanks to ingredients like Ginseng and Coffee Bean which boost the skin and according to Origins, "jumpstart hydration levels". They also describe it as a "skin energy drink" and I'd definitely agree with that statement as it instantly wakes me up after I've just about managed to drag  myself out of bed.

I also think this moisturiser makes a great base for makeup thanks to its radiance boosting benefits and lightweight texture. I don't like to wear anything too heavy beneath my makeup and always opt for something lighter in the morning than I do in the evening so this is perfect for me. However, if you suffer with very dry skin and like to wear something really hydrating morning and night, this probably won't be your cup of tea. I'd say its more suited to normal, oily and combination skin types. 

Overall, I absolutely adore this moisturiser and I can't fault it in any way. At £23.00, its in the slightly more affordable zone than some of Origins other products but the quality remains the same. If you're looking for a lightweight moisturiser that will plump your skin, add a boost of radiance and prep your face for makeup, look no further than Origins GinZing.

 Have you tried the Origins GinZing moisturiser? Do you love it as much as me?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment